Thread: Exercises book

User Info Menu

Default Exercises book

Hi again, i decided to have this as a separate thread to my other recent thread as they are different really. I just wondered if anyone has a book of rudiments/ exercises or beats that they have either circulated or got from somewhere. Ive been thinking about starting a book for a while, just so i can remember stuff and get into a better practise routine.

Cheers

User Info Menu

Default Re: Exercises book

Progressive Steps to Syncopation for the Modern Drummer

"Voted second on Modern Drummer's list of 25 Greatest Drum Books in 1993, Progressive Steps to Syncopation for the Modern Drummer is one of the most versatile and practical works ever written for drums. Created exclusively to address syncopation, it has earned its place as a standard tool for teaching beginning drummers syncopation and strengthening reading skills. This book includes many accented eighths, dotted eighths and sixteenths, eighth-note triplets and sixteenth notes for extended solos. In addition, teachers can develop many of their own examples from it."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48gJ-KbAcEs"]YouTube - DRUM LESSON: TED REED'S SYNCOPATION FOR THE MODERN DRUMMER[/ame]
    Last edited by Quadcam79; 05-20-2009 at 02:18 PM.

http://bipolarbarbierocks.com

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    Quit belly aching and just do it...no other way.
    - RIP Frank

User Info Menu

4-Way Coordination, I'm working on it now and love it! I'm also working on some syncopation in the Carmine book, love that too.

User Info Menu

Just like they say in the video, I have walked right by this book on more than one occasion. May have to give it a second chance.
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie