Thread: what are the best drum cases/bags for transporting to local gigs?

User Info Menu

Cool what are the best drum cases/bags for transporting to local gigs?

Ok, so I got older and don't want a repeat of hernia surgery! I know bags do well for handling drums to and from my basement-car-gig and back, but those stands and cymbals weigh a ton. Putting them in a big case makes a back breaker: three cymbals, 3 stands and two snare stands(one holds a tom) plus the hi-hats and their stand. That's a lot of metal!

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks,
    slinglander

ThePloughman Guest

Default Re: what are the best drum cases/bags for transporting to local gigs?

One of the smaller hardware boxes like the H&B Enduro, it stands on end, and has casters. Seperate case for the cymbals.
    I have one of the H&B Enduro old school style trap cases, and it is rather inconvenient. Loaded up with DW 9000 series hardware, throne, and iron cobra pedal, it weighs a ton. I still use a seperate case for snare and cymbals.

User Info Menu

I use a SKB hard golf club case. It is heavy yes but it has rollers. I place one end on the tailgate of the truck and lift from the bottom. I want to avoid round 2 of that ever so fun surgery as well.

DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

I use an old hockey bag.

User Info Menu

Protection Racket hardware case. Soft case with wheels. High quality and easy to lug around.

My favorite cases after 20 yrs of gigs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott G
    Follow me on twitter
    My discography sample
    Strange Americans

Gear:
    Brady
    Gretsch
    Ludwig
    Paiste
    Bosphorus

User Info Menu

computer transportation cases with rollers worked pretty fair for a buddy of mine. best of all he fit everything into one, so no going back and forth
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments