View Poll Results: Do you prefer Remo heads or Evans heads?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remo

20 44.44%
  • Evans

25 55.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remo or Evans?

User Info Menu

Default Remo or Evans?

Hey, I'm just wondering your guys opinions on which company generally makes the better heads, or at least in your opinion. Feel free to give reasons!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Remo or Evans?

Neither is better, just different.

User Info Menu

Evans for quality and consistency, Remo for innovation and creativity in head design, and both for good sound.
    Matt

User Info Menu

At least for my style of music, I prefer an Evans Emad on the kick, coated G plus' on the toms, but a remo cs reverse dot on my snare. I think you cannot say one of the brands is better, they both make some very good heads that you owe it to yourself to try out.
    Gretsch - Tama - Pearl - Sabian - Zildjian - Stagg - Evans - Vater - Gibraltar

User Info Menu

I agree with the others. Neither is better, just different. I have tried both Remo and Evans heads, and I have learned that they each have their place.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Neither is 'better'. I found applications that that work well with either brand. I've used a lot of heads and in general I like Aquarian's the best.

User Info Menu

I havn't used Evans heads yet, but i am going to try them next time i get some heads. But at the moment i use remo and i like em.
    Our weapons were our instruments
    Made from timber and steel
    We never yielded to conformity
    But stood like kings
    In a chariot that's riding on a
    Record wheel

User Info Menu

I agree that neither is better. I love the EMAD I for my kick drums and everything else AQUARIAN.

-Les

User Info Menu

thanks for replies guys I'm not too experienced w/ all kinds of different heads so just wanted your opinions

thanks

User Info Menu

Remo all the way :D
    IRON MAIDEN

User Info Menu

Remo. Great heads at great prices.
    A good drummer will sound good on anything(even stock drum heads). A bad drummer will sound bad on anything.

User Info Menu

I use both, so I can't say. I have clear Ambassadors on my toms, and coated HD Genera Dry on my snare. I'm replacing the Ambassadors with Pinstripes, just to cut down on resonance, which I like. But I want to reduce noise in my house, even if it is just a bit. Anyway, they both make great products. It's just like Zildjian vs. Sabian. Porsche vs. Ferrari. Coke vs. Pepsi. Kramer vs. Kramer. Animal vs. Buddy Rich. I could go on, believe me.
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

EVANS. The first. The finest.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LagerHead View Post
    I use both, so I can't say. I have clear Ambassadors on my toms, and coated HD Genera Dry on my snare. I'm replacing the Ambassadors with Pinstripes, just to cut down on resonance, which I like. But I want to reduce noise in my house, even if it is just a bit. Anyway, they both make great products. It's just like Zildjian vs. Sabian. Porsche vs. Ferrari. Coke vs. Pepsi. Kramer vs. Kramer. Animal vs. Buddy Rich. I could go on, believe me.
    Ferrari is way better than Porsche - it's not even a comparison. ANyone can own a Prosche - Ferrari will actually knock back customers who have the money, just ebcause they don't think they will represent the brand appropritaely. Anyways - Lamborghini is better than both.

I also vote Coke - Pepsi has a wierd aftertaste - like the chemicals they use aren't as good as Coke's. I will admit though that Pepsi does go better with KFC - it's just the way it is.

I'll also take Kramer in that one and as good as Buddy was, Animal was a puppet - any inanimate object that could do what he did was impressive no matter which way you looked at it.

Hehehehe.........
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

too many broken remos, had to vote for evans!

User Info Menu

Remo and I get along better.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LagerHead View Post
    Anyway, they both make great products. It's just like Animal vs. Buddy Rich.
    Amen to that. By the way, I still think Animal is the best.

I feel like all drum heads are good if they personally work for you. If you like the tone of your drums, you'll play your best, and as long as it isn't drastically out of tune, no one's going to tell you after playing "oh man, I loved your performance, but I couldn't get over you using aquarian heads."

Just my 2 cents.

User Info Menu

I use Evans myself and see no reason why I shouldn't continue to use them.
    "I eat a lot of deserts and play Warcraft for three hours a day." - John Dolmayan on how he keeps himself from tiring out

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Remo or Evans?

If It Wasn't For Remo,there Would Be No Evans,,,,But He Had A Different Idea To Bring "Mylar" Into Da Game.....

I'm Wif Lesizmore(or He's Wif Me As We Are All Together)...

As They Say In Phrogge's Aquarian Army..
    "Emads On Da Kicks.....Aquarians On Da Rest"
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger View Post
    ...Ferrari will actually knock back customers who have the money, just ebcause they don't think they will represent the brand appropritaely.
    Only on certain models. Anybody with the dough can buy an F430, but you have to have a recommendation for some like the Enzo.

I am a Porsche guy myself. Could be because I used to live in Stuttgart. But I also love the way they look. Also, Porsche engineers are second to none. Take for example, the 928. Takes 6 weeks to make one, and all tolerances are to within 10/16,000ths of an inch. That's pretty precise.

And what's NOT to love about this baby!

Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PHROGGE View Post
    If It Wasn't For Remo,there Would Be No Evans,,,,But He Had A Different Idea To Bring "Mylar" Into Da Game.....

I'm Wif Lesizmore(or He's Wif Me As We Are All Together)...

As They Say In Phrogge's Aquarian Army..
    "Emads On Da Kicks.....Aquarians On Da Rest"
    I think Evans was before Remo as far as being first on the scene...

-Les

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    EVANS. The first. The finest.
    The first.......?.......yes.................the finest.......??...........AQUARIAN!!!
    sorry, Just an opinion. alot of trial and error (30 plus years of it) has brought me to the fact that Aquarian is a higher quality product. I swear by my EMAD 1 kick batter though!

-Les

User Info Menu

I think the emperors also should be thrown in the mix

User Info Menu

remos over evans

User Info Menu

I'd say .....Aquarian...