Thread: Hi-Hats

User Info Menu

Default Hi-Hats

Any recommendations for Hi-Hats? Just picked up a Sabian AAX Studio Ride so i'm looking to stay w/Sabians. I'm into all types of rock.
    Last edited by oz25227; 01-17-2007 at 09:56 AM.

User Info Menu

I'd go with Hi-hats from the same procuct line as your Ride, So a pair of Sabian AAX's

User Info Menu

I use a set of Sabian 14" AA Sizzle Hats. They have 8 rivets in the bottom hat. The extra sound that they add to the hats is AWESOME!! Check them out. The sound clip of them on Sabians website, doesn't do them justice. (I know I've talked about them in a bunch of different posts, but I really love them).
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

I really love my Zildjian 14" Dino Beat HHs They are the older series. Much heavier than the newers ones.

Keith

User Info Menu

Stick with sabian, just pick up a pair of Sabian AAX hats, mastersound (if sabian makes that type) would be great, if you dont know what it is, it has holes to vent the air under the hat, extremely fast, so you get a nice chick

User Info Menu

The sabian hhx evolution is what I have. I nut off to those hats. they are sharp intense and dark. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hhx.

User Info Menu

Thank u all for the info. I ended up buying the Zildjian Avedis New Beat 13". I went to Guitar Center to listen to some cymbals & as luck would have it, they were having a blowout sale on cymbals. These were used but in excellent condition & i got them for $120