Thread: Drachen

User Info Menu

Default Drachen

I play for Drachen. We're a power metal band from SE Texas. Our influences are Iron Maiden, Dio, Iced Earth, Judas Priest, etc. Some of our lyrics are Christianity-inspired. I'm not a christian, just in it for the music. Anyway, here's our myspace link.

myspace.com/drachenmetal

Let me know what you think guys.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drachen

In my honest opinion, You guys are tight as a band. I don't think the girls singing fits your style music. But as musicians you have what it take to please a crowd. And I would say that in no way do your lyrics give me the impression of a christian orientation. So again you guys are tight,wrong choice of vocals(She is good but It seems like she's singing to sing not because she feels what she's singing IMHO). All the best on your Quest.

User Info Menu

I like it. I can really see the Iron Maiden and Dio influence in your music, but I wouldn't call it copy cat. I personally like the female lead singer thing. I was also a Warlock fan growing up - really like Doro's vocals.
    To be perfectly honest, though, I do see what Fumbled is talking about. Your lead singer has a good voice, and obviously can sing. I think she needs to work on "selling it," though. All in all, pretty good stuff. Best of luck.
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat KBoyle!

I thought the band sounded great. I like your singer's voice, and your drumming was right on. Sounds like you guys have a good thing going!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Yeah I agree completely. While I do like Raven, I have always thought that we needed someone with more emotion. Someone like Halford or something. However, we hail from a very small music scene and she is basically our only choice. She does put on a better performance live, however.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the compliments, by the way. We do have a pretty tight set. Try to keep it business at practice.