Thread: Got a question for ya...

PearlDrummer18 Guest

Default Got a question for ya...

....where are you guys going to get drum wrap or bass drum decals for the reso head? I done a search on google and found a few things that caught my eye but i was curious as to where you guys do your shopping for those things. Also would putting a full vynyl decal on the bass drum reso head be a bad idea? Anybody with any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Got a question for ya...

You could try GC or MF for decals, i'm not sure about wraps though...
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

Larrysperf Guest

I think a full vinyl would affect the reso so I say dont do it

PearlDrummer18 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    I think a full vinyl would affect the reso so I say dont do it
    That's kinda what i was thinking also which is why i wanted a second opinion. Thanks Larry!! I didn't even think about looking at Guitar Center thanks for the heads up defcon235!!

User Info Menu

Yes, it does effect the reso a bit, not a ton when applied correctly, and to be honest, the main reason you do it is for show and when your playing a venue, your not going to notice the difference as much. Some come has a sticker but mine was like a decal that i put on, it didn't effect the resonance that much.
    www.fadesaway.com

Matt...
    Fades Away

Forever I am Forgiven, and Forever, I will Rejoice.

ThePloughman Guest

The classic shield logo is available from Vintagelogos.com, there are a number of ebay sellers that supply Logo decals for various vintage manufacturers, and also some modern as well. Drumart.com offers full color custom Resoheads from your graphic.

User Info Menu

Go to a store that does vinyl lettering on trucks/vans.They put the logo or picture you want on there computer hit print and there ya go.I had a few Yamaha logos done and the guy charged me like $10

PearlDrummer18 Guest

Thanks a bunch for all the info fellas i appreciate it a lot!! I'll give all the suggestions a go and see what happens! zzzdanz i do actually have a friend here locally that does vynyl decals and i have had him in the past put decals on my race car. I didn't even think about asking him do something for my drums. I'll check with him tomorrow and see if he can fix me up. Thanks again for all the help fellas!!

User Info Menu

There is also a site called carstickers that make them custom(stickers that is).

User Info Menu

Do you want to buy wraps to put on all your drums or are you wanting a wrap for a drum that doesn't match your kit because the color has been discontinued?

I don't mean to thread jack but I was wondering about something simular about the custom decals on the bass reso head. Can you have a word, phrase, emblem, or logo printed/stamped on a cymbal?

PearlDrummer18 Guest

That is a good question Owens. I THINK it's possible but as to where to get them done is a mystery to me bud.

I did find a vynyl decal on Ebay that i liked and i picked it up for six bucks. It's a 7"x7" Godsmack sun white in color which is perfect since my drums are black and the Pearl on the bass reso is white. I'm a huge fan of Godsmack but more of a fan of Shannon Larkin who is one of my favorite drummers so that was a win for me....i'm excited about it and can't wait to get it on my bass reso head!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post
    ....where are you guys going to get drum wrap or bass drum decals for the reso head? I done a search on google and found a few things that caught my eye but i was curious as to where you guys do your shopping for those things. Also would putting a full vynyl decal on the bass drum reso head be a bad idea? Anybody with any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!
    Go here:

http://www.drumart.com

You'll see some great art work, testimonials, tons of pictures from a NAMM show.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post
    That is a good question Owens. I THINK it's possible but as to where to get them done is a mystery to me bud.

I did find a vynyl decal on Ebay that i liked and i picked it up for six bucks. It's a 7"x7" Godsmack sun white in color which is perfect since my drums are black and the Pearl on the bass reso is white. I'm a huge fan of Godsmack but more of a fan of Shannon Larkin who is one of my favorite drummers so that was a win for me....i'm excited about it and can't wait to get it on my bass reso head!
    rockenwraps sells some cool wraps where you can wrap your whole kit. You need to cut holes for the lugs, but wraps aren't attached, they just "float" so they can be taken off easily.

I think about $300-$400 for a 5 piece kit.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

PearlDrummer18 Guest

Thanks a bunch!! I'll look into those!