Thread: Winter driving in the Pacific NorthWest.

User Info Menu

Default Winter driving in the Pacific NorthWest.

The first guy just wouldn't let off.

http://collegehumor.com/video:1736581
    When we do right, no one remembers. When we do wrong, no one forgets.

User Info Menu

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

OK, to set the record straight. These people are complete idiots (and yes, they live in your neighborhood too...) and most of the people up here don't drive like that. I have read that the first guy who wrecked his beemer and just started smashing into everything was dropped by his insurance company because of that and has to pay for all of it out of his pocket. That part I REALLY find funny.

It is true though that a lot of the people in the Great Pacific Northwest don't have a lot of experience driving in the snow since we don't get very much here. The 3-4 inches that we got earlier this week is probably the most I have seen in this area in about 5 years. We usually get about an inch that is gone by the next day. That's one of the things I love about living here is that the weather does not go to the extremes like other areas of the country. During the winter we usually have a low of around 20 that only lasts a couple days and in the summer we have a high of 100 that usually only lasts a couple of days.

But, all in all, it is a funny clip. It's been on the news over and over up here!
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1DrumBum
    OK, to set the record straight. These people are complete idiots (and yes, they live in your neighborhood too...) and most of the people up here don't drive like that. I have read that the first guy who wrecked his beemer and just started smashing into everything was dropped by his insurance company because of that and has to pay for all of it out of his pocket. That part I REALLY find funny.

It is true though that a lot of the people in the Great Pacific Northwest don't have a lot of experience driving in the snow since we don't get very much here. The 3-4 inches that we got earlier this week is probably the most I have seen in this area in about 5 years. We usually get about an inch that is gone by the next day. That's one of the things I love about living here is that the weather does not go to the extremes like other areas of the country. During the winter we usually have a low of around 20 that only lasts a couple days and in the summer we have a high of 100 that usually only lasts a couple of days.

But, all in all, it is a funny clip. It's been on the news over and over up here!

I actually posted this out of jealousy. I grew up in Washington, and we used to get a nice snow fall every year. My brother still lives there, and he's already had to break out the generator. Man I miss that! (no sarcasim) I really do miss the Washington winters.

I thought the first guy in the video was attempting to hit and run! He just kept nailing it. (he was an idiot!)
    When we do right, no one remembers. When we do wrong, no one forgets.

User Info Menu

Wink Winter Driving in the Pacific Northwest

They ran the first part of that clip on Jay Leno last night...

I used to have a college buddy from the Twin Cities who every time it snowed in the St. Louis area...because, he claimed, the city came to a complete standstill at the first snowflakes...

of course some people claim I drive better in snow than I do on dry pavement
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

I spent a lovely January in Yakima back in the 80's when I was in the service. It was so cold, we had to burn the ground with deisel fuel to thaw it enough to drive in tent stakes. That was also the first and only time I saw fog roll in and freeze to everything. Bbbbrrrr!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris
    I spent a lovely January in Yakima back in the 80's when I was in the service. It was so cold, we had to burn the ground with deisel fuel to thaw it enough to drive in tent stakes. That was also the first and only time I saw fog roll in and freeze to everything. Bbbbrrrr!
    Have you thought about a career as a recruiter

Keith