Thread: Any suggestions?!?

User Info Menu

Talking Any suggestions?!?

Hey, I've been playing since early 2006 and, according to most people, have gotten pretty good. I currently play progressive metal in a small band. I still really want to learn alot, alot more about different drum styles and methods and stuff. I was wondering if anyone can give me suggestions or answer any questions I have?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Any suggestions?!?

Find a teacher or if you can read music get some books. I have a great lesson pack that I picked up on-line it has dvd instruction as well as the books.
    Also try to learn jaz/ latin and anything else. It will make you an allaround better drummer and you can throw in some jazz stuff in a metal song and blow peoples minds or even some off beat latin stuff!
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

I've been wanting to look into finding an instructor again, prefferably, a jazz/latin teacher. i can read drum music for the most part. What instructional advice would you suggest for an intermediate-to-advanced drummer?
    !!!PROG-METAL!!!
    GO UTEP MINERS!!!

User Info Menu

The one thing that cannot be done here in the Forum is Demonstration. This is why
    so many will advise you to find a good Teacher. It is only through the guidance of excellent instruction that you will be introduced to all the "Worlds" of drumming that you wish to explore...IMHO.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

And through the advice of Frank, the great wise one!
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

Finally..........a member who wants to stop playing metal .

I like him already . Have you considered playing country ?

As suggested by others , a teacher is definately your best bet . Dont forget to keep an open mind when going for lessons . Good luck and welcome to the board .
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Try listening to other styles of music. Then start playing along with it.
    A good drummer will sound good on anything(even stock drum heads). A bad drummer will sound bad on anything.

User Info Menu

Question Re: Any suggestions?!?

Thanks alot! i'll definitely look into an instructor.

Also, i've been giving alot of thought to giving drum lessons (basics). What would you suggest i should charge for the lesson?
    !!!PROG-METAL!!!
    GO UTEP MINERS!!!