Thread: Pearl Export Ecx 100% Maple Shells!!!!!

User Info Menu

Exclamation Pearl Export Ecx 100% Maple Shells!!!!!

Finally pearl exports with 100% maple shells. SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!

I wonder what the price will be? Havent heard that yet....

User Info Menu

the price should be very comparable w/ current elx.
    the ecx is the last kit to carry the name export. the rest of the export line is offically discontinued to be replaced with the new birch/basswood "VISION" series... a direct response to mapex pro m and gretsch catalina birch/maple kicking exports *** the last couple years.
    the session series has also been discontinued/replaced. what was the session series has been upgraded to become the new masters series...b stock session shells with masters hardware, sold in pre configured shellpacks, no options.
    the old masters series is now labled as the masters premium line...A stock premium select woods with all the options...minus satin hardware(discontinued) wich sucks.

User Info Menu

This is an interesting move. Makes me wonder how it will affect sales of their higher end drumkits.

User Info Menu

im interested too, i guess the next year will tell all. it will def effect me, seeing that i was going to order an ocean sparkle masters kit with satin hardware in about 6 mo. but they discontinued the satin hardware. i will prolly get a purple craze reference kit now for a little mo cash.

User Info Menu

Personally I think all of this will effect Sales alot,And probably make alot of people Not buy a Pearl drumset,Due to not having the same options as before.Well thats just my opinion...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDrummer
    Finally pearl exports with 100% maple shells.
    And who said you can't polish a turd???

LOL

::running from all the Pearl players::

Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

no need to run from me, i was never a fan of the export line. i think pearl kinda dropped the ball this year. SOME good ideas, but some bad ones aswell.