Thread: Seat hight

User Info Menu

Default Seat hight

Hi, im tall. Would a lower or higher seat be better? Thanks

(Damn spelt height wrong! Gutted!)
    Last edited by Mysterious Stan; 06-05-2009 at 09:28 AM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Seat hight

Just try to keep your hips above your knees. It will save your hips and knees from wear and tear in the long run.
    A good drummer will sound good on anything(even stock drum heads). A bad drummer will sound bad on anything.

User Info Menu

Everyone has different opinions on this issue.I'm 6' 2" and sat on a 5 gallon bucket with a stool top on it for yrs.I couldn't find a stool that went low enough.I always turned a deaf ear to the *that technique is wrong*..It's my technique and it works for ME, so what makes it wrong.I say sit where you're comfortable and where it works for you.

User Info Menu

Thanks, i agree with both of you. I used to have my seat pretty high and was really inaccurate at hitting the drums. Ive noticed much improvement putting my stool lower. Cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zzzdanz View Post
    Everyone has different opinions on this issue.I'm 6' 2" and sat on a 5 gallon bucket with a stool top on it for yrs.I couldn't find a stool that went low enough.I always turned a deaf ear to the *that technique is wrong*..It's my technique and it works for ME, so what makes it wrong.I say sit where you're comfortable and where it works for you.
    I used an old nail keg for years a little taller then a bucket. The kit I use now has deeper toms so I went up to accommodate...

What ever height gives you speed and comfort to the set is what you need...

User Info Menu

Seat height is paramount to what makes playing drums comfortable for you as a player. I don't think it matters whether it's high or low...whatever works to make it comfortable without risking hurt and harm to arms, knees and back. Technique, however, has more to do with how well we play: clean, precise and control of the sticks and timing. That is nothing to turn a deaf ear towards.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    Seat height is paramount to what makes playing drums comfortable for you as a player. I don't think it matters whether it's high or low...whatever works to make it comfortable without risking hurt and harm to arms, knees and back. Technique, however, has more to do with how well we play: clean, precise and control of the sticks and timing. That is nothing to turn a deaf ear towards.
    I couldn't agree more Frank..I guess *technique* for the way I sit was the wrong choice of word.

User Info Menu

it really depends on what makes you comfortable when you play. experiment with different seating arragements and see which one feels right to you. just make sure it doesn't cause strains on your legs
    !!!PROG-METAL!!!
    GO UTEP MINERS!!!

User Info Menu

It's generally advised to keep your knees at right angles or more. You can if you want to, but I would advise sitting with your hips at knee height or higher.
    zerOrings are bad people.