Thread: What sorta ride should i buy?

User Info Menu

Default What sorta ride should i buy?

I need advice because my 18" crash Ride which i got with my set is starting to get worn down.
    I AM SABIAN MAN!

Next Drum Purchase: Piccolo Snare
    Next Cymbal purchase: Splash cymbal and splash claw.

User Info Menu

do you have a price range or a certain brand your looking at?

User Info Menu

I'm looking at probably between 65 and 170$ 20-22 inch ride cymbal.
    I'd like it to be from either Sabian or Paiste. I've looked at them on an online store.
    I AM SABIAN MAN!

User Info Menu

yeah if you go to sabian's website you can listen to all of their rides online. i have never even played a paiste cymbal besides testing them out in the store. i like the sabian b8 line and the AA line. i would check those out at the sabian website.

User Info Menu

I have a Paiste Alpha 20" ride that is absolutly stunning! Cost me $95 off of Ebay. It's tough to get them for that since the Alpha line is starting to catch on a little, but you should be able to pick up a used one for $100-$125.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

listened to the sabian rides, purty good.

I guess I'll go with the Sabian B8 20" rock ride.
    Last edited by CAM1027; 01-20-2007 at 06:43 AM.
    I AM SABIAN MAN!

User Info Menu

good choice
    i own that same exact ride and i love it.

User Info Menu

b8 are too cheeply made imo. I have a 22" neal pert paragon. A bit higher priced but the bell is crystal clear. I would go and play a few though. They don't all sound the same (that pretty much goes for all sabian cymbals). I had to hit 4 or 5 before I found the sound I wanted.

User Info Menu

yeah i know what ya mean.
    I AM SABIAN MAN!

User Info Menu

If you have a GUITAR CENTER store near u call & ask them if they're having a sale on cymbals. The one near me is having one this weekend, 1/20 & 1/21. U can save some major $$$. If not, also try e-bay. U can pick up a hardly used cymbal that someone is looking to unload & save some $$$.

User Info Menu

nope no guitar center. the only place i buy my stuff is at samash which is about 45 minutes away from my house.
    I AM SABIAN MAN!

User Info Menu

consider a Sabian AAX Stage Ride. I got one on E-Bay, practically brand new, for $90. It's a great ride.

User Info Menu

I ride a Dyna Super Glide.

User Info Menu

heres my suggestion, go to your nearest music store with a large selection of cymbals (all brands if possible) and run around with sticks hitting them all until you find a few you love. then make your final desision based on things like price, brand, and very important, durability.
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

b8 are too cheeply made imo. I have a 22" neal pert paragon. A bit higher priced but the bell is crystal clear
    BIT HIGHER PRICED

try 200-300 bucks more

my suggestion dont buy new buy a good used one

i recently had the EXACT same situation my problem was i had 170 bucks and wanted a new ride and stand. Now this was seemingly impossible but i started looking around used for something good not just a B8 or ZBT low end cymbal. I found a guy in Virginia (i live in Canada) who was selling his practically new Sabian AA Metal-X ride. He gave me it at a price of 80 BUCKS!!!! and he gave me a free Pacific stand which is a sturdy as any of my pearl stands. Great deal great cymbal and he got it to me in less than two weeks

I say find a good used one look around DO NOT waste your money on a B8 or low end cymbal

you"ll regret it soon when u actually have the money in a bit of time

dont buy one that will last you a year when u can have one that will last a decade

User Info Menu

Cool What sorta ride should I buy?

Amp, good call on gettin' a good used TOL (top of the line) cymbal than a brand-new cheapo model...after the first few riffs, any cymbal is used...

Check out as many as you can, CAM1027, but buy the best you can afford. You won't regret it...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Just sayin', the Zildjian XBT 22" ride is really nice. I love it.
    Band: System of a Down
    Song: Atwa

Current: four way independence

User Info Menu

the Wuhan 22" medium heavy ride is AWESOME, it sounds like a K custom seriously, I will be getting one very soon.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by amputechture

I say find a good used one look around DO NOT waste your money on a B8 or low end cymbal

you"ll regret it soon when u actually have the money in a bit of time

dont buy one that will last you a year when u can have one that will last a decade
    well said AMP. Used gear is the key to getting the most bang for your buck. Unless they are having a major sale at the GC.