Thread: Zildjin ZXT Titanium?

User Info Menu

Default Zildjin ZXT Titanium?

Does anyone have these yet? I was wondering if they dulled yet or how they sound. Thanks

User Info Menu

A friend of mine has one. I'll have to ask him about it.
    Limpy
    *Drum yourself to death

User Info Menu

Yeah I would like to know as well, they look like a cool idea, but I would like to find out beforehand. So when I can afford them, I will snatch them up.
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

they look cool but i've nvr heard em

User Info Menu

I have 2 ZXT titaniums- a 16 medium thin and 18 medium thin crashes and a 14 regular medium crash ZXT(not titanium) . They are bright with a longer sustain because of the titanium coating. They do work very well in a live situation. When I practice on my own I will put some gaffers tape on them to shorten up the sustain. I also have 14 zildjian new beat hats and a avedis 22 ride. I play mostly classic rock.

User Info Menu

I should also mention that you cannot clean these titanium cymbals like you would regular ones. Only soapy water or the titanium coating will eventually wear off.

User Info Menu

i have them and they sound awsome.!!! thats if your into rock?? cuz i got the rock hi-hats and the rest of the cymbals.there realy good but to expensive
    lunchable-drummer

User Info Menu

This is just something another drummer told me about the Zildjian Titaniums, I can't state this from experience: The Titaniums are so loud, you'll end up drowning out the rest of the band. Might not be such a bad idea if your band sucks, but just a thought...

User Info Menu

They do have great projection for sure. Thats why for a live situation, they sound good. No need to have mics on them. But in practice they do drown out the guitars and drums to a point. Thats why Im using gaffers tape to tame them down during practice.
    Rock Till Ya Drop

User Info Menu

i would suggest saving up a little more and buying some a customes or a's even k's depending on the music you play. having pro cymbals that last you a long time is better than cheap mid level / beginer cymbals than break in 6 months..
    MAPEX - ZILDJIAN - VIC FIRTH

User Info Menu

I once played a friends kit who had them, they look pretty cool but i thought the sustain was too long for my liking.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sholmes2112
    This is just something another drummer told me about the Zildjian Titaniums, I can't state this from experience: The Titaniums are so loud, you'll end up drowning out the rest of the band. Might not be such a bad idea if your band sucks, but just a thought...
    AHHHH GREAT MY NEIGHBOURS ARE GONNA LOVE ME
    I ONLY WANTED TO HELP YOU ROLAND

User Info Menu

Default cymbal cleaner

what cleaner/polish do you use on your cymbals? would i need a special one for my titaniums? they need a polish/clean very badly but am scared of using anything that can damage them, as i used a metal cleaner on my drums and it stripped a layer of silver off!!

User Info Menu

Nothing but cymbol polish/cleaner i guess. Music stores keep the stuff in stock
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo42w
    Nothing but cymbol polish/cleaner i guess. Music stores keep the stuff in stock
    true, have to travel 40mile to my nearest decent music shop tho!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lita3
    what cleaner/polish do you use on your cymbals? would i need a special one for my titaniums? they need a polish/clean very badly but am scared of using anything that can damage them, as i used a metal cleaner on my drums and it stripped a layer of silver off!!
    soap and water

User Info Menu

Default Re: Zildjin ZXT Titanium?

they were discontinued