Thread: hi hat stand

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default hi hat stand

Im sure this has been addressed before but I couldnt find the thread,With my iron cobra double pedal and my thre legged hi hat stand,,I seem to have to have the hi hats farther away then i like.is my only option to get a one legged hi hat stand ?
    If so how well built are they and is any one brand better than the other?

Thanks

User Info Menu

Cool Re: hi hat stand

Look Into Using A Remote Hihat Stand As Yer Primary.....It Hooks To A Cymbal Stand,,,,,Mine Is My Saving Grace Cos I Can Have My Hihats In The 11 O'clock Postion And Leave The Floor Clear For My Dw Dbl Pedals....Pm Me If Ya Need Further Explanation
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: hi hat stand

You could reposition it so the slave pedal is on the outside of the hi-hat pedal too
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

check to see if your hi hat can completely rotate. I have a three legged stand and it works great, i'll try and take pics for you soon.
    www.fadesaway.com

Matt...
    Fades Away

Forever I am Forgiven, and Forever, I will Rejoice.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fades Away View Post
    check to see if your hi hat can completely rotate. I have a three legged stand and it works great, i'll try and take pics for you soon.
    This was my train of thought, as well.

With the leg assembly able to spin around the center shaft freely, you should be able to turn the legs counterclockwise and move the right leg up and away from you allowing your "remote" pedal to blend right next to your hat pedal.

I have two examples below of how my setups are and actually they are both very different.

In the DW pix, the hat stand has only two legs so no chance of a conflict. (probably the more expensive way to go.)

In the TAMA picture the hat stand allows the legs to swivel out of the way in either direction, depending on your dominant hand, right or left handed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Doz it hav a swivle pedal on it? if yes, you can just use dat mechanism to put in ur double bass. Besides, how much dat cost?
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

Allan, if you look at Bish's pics you will see that it is the connecting rod of the DB pedal that determines the position of the hi-hat stand. When I got my DB pedal, I thought it made my hi-hat too far away too, but I kept working on positioning, and found a "perfect" spot by bringing the hi-hat stand toward me just a little. BTW, I have a PDP 900 stand that has 3 rotating legs and it works just fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

hey thx bish for da pics. Its gonna help ME, TOO! ima need double bass! BABABABABBAAABAABABABABBA!!!
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

bish is that second picture a tama roadstar hihat stand with the swiveling legs, if so thats acually the hihat stand im getting soon
    The only way to catch a butterfly is never waiting for the wings.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gretsch View Post
    bish is that second picture a tama roadstar hihat stand with the swiveling legs, if so thats acually the hihat stand im getting soon
    RoadPro??? I believe.

You can usually tell them apart from the others by the curve of the tripod legs. That series of hardware is awesome. I went with the Stage Master series on the boom cymbal stands and can say they aren't near as stable as the RoadPro gear.

You will really like that series of Hi-Hat stand!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    RoadPro??? I believe.

You can usually tell them apart from the others by the curve of the tripod legs. That series of hardware is awesome. I went with the Stage Master series on the boom cymbal stands and can say they aren't near as stable as the RoadPro gear.

You will really like that series of Hi-Hat stand!
    thats it! Roadpro! haha i couldnt remember what it was yeah i also looked at the double tom stand from that line
    The only way to catch a butterfly is never waiting for the wings.

User Info Menu

I have a Pearl Elim two-legged hi hat stand, and it allows you to keep the legs out of the way quite nicely. There are other manufacturers who make two legged stands as well. I also have a Yamaha stand that swivels to pretty much any position to allow clearance. I would suggest taking a run over to your local drum shop and checking out options where you can see how they work.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

My ludwig stand is like the one Bish pictured. It has two wingnuts, one on top of the leg assemble adjust how far out the legs go, and the bottom one which allows me to rotat all three legs and open up the area for the double peddle.
    www.fadesaway.com

Matt...
    Fades Away

Forever I am Forgiven, and Forever, I will Rejoice.

User Info Menu

I had the same issue.I got a 2 leg IC HH and now all is perfect.Except for looking down at 3 IC pedals and 1 Yamaha (remote HH) pedal.Drives me nuts but they don't make an IC remote hat.