Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st post as a lurking noobie

User Info Menu

Default 1st post as a lurking noobie

I've been hanging around for a couple of months now, just seeing what's been going on in the world of drums and percussion. i "retired" from the road at the ripe old age of 25,stopped playing. cold turkey, selling both kits. To make a long story short, i married a wonderful woman a couple of years ago who convinced me to try and see if i can still play a little. I'm now 51. soon to be 52, so its been of 25 years since ive even picked up a pair of sticks. i am lucky enough to be able to find a kit i can afford without taking too much of a hit in the ol 401k, a Ludwig Accent LC225. Know that this set is considered "low end", i was really surprised by the quality of the kit. I bought the "power" setup, (larger size bass, toms, ect) The 400 series hardware is outstanding, and i got a deal on the ZBT's to go with it. I did a bit of tweaking, new coated remos,for starters. added a floor tom, and made it into a 1 up 2 down set like i played years ago. GAWDDDDDDDDD....am i ever having FUNNNNNNNNNNNNN. And i jus love drivin the neighbors nuts......lol...so, with all that said, im gonna try and post a picture or 2 of my new toy. Hope you enjoy the beatin and banging as much as i have the past few months.......
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Default Re: 1st post as a lurking noobie

Hello veafer. Welcome to the forum. I'm very happy to hear that you decided to pick up drumming again. I was in your situation as well, only I retired due to heart problems for 5 years until my wife convinced me to start back up again when I started to regain some energy. Aren't wives great. I love your set up btw....simple and classy, yet commanding.
    A good drummer will sound good on anything(even stock drum heads). A bad drummer will sound bad on anything.

User Info Menu

like the kit, welcome back to the beat that holds it together. the protical son has returned.

PearlDrummer18 Guest

Welcome!!

User Info Menu

I'm 58, and a bass player, started in Dec joined the chat in Jan, and havin a blast learnin the other half of the rhythm section!!

Welcome, I can relate as I "put away" my instruments for about 20 years. As soon as I picked it back up again, I knew that is what my life was missing.
    Yamaha DTXtreme III FrankenXpress w/ various pads and cymbals
    Pearl Eliminator w/Vater Bomber
    Roc-N-Soc Motion
    Vater 7A Sugar Maple
    Simmons DA-200S
    Sony MDR-7506
    MacBookPro Core2 Duo 2.33,4gb,500gb w/SD2, Reason 4, and LE9

http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss358/Charlygo/

Larrysperf Guest

Hey for the $ the Ludwig kits are great. put some good heads on them and they will sound great. And welcome, and if they make you happy then why spend a small fortune on a big $ set. IMHO

User Info Menu

Yup, Welcome to Drum Chat (We all welcomed dis guy befor PB! Lets all give ouselves a pat on da back!!!). Ur gonna find alot of cool advice. Here are da guys u should talk to for each thing:
    Drum set: Bongobro
    general help: Drummer
    Drum heads: PHROGGE
    Tama advice: Myself or Mr. Tama
    Drumline: Ch33z (i havent seen him in awhile...) and gretschj
    how to play bass: Bassist learning Drums
    a good competition: Pastor Bob
    cymbs (cymbals): STICKWIZZARDDRAGON
    someone to talk to: xweasel
    an dere are lots of other people ur gonna get to know.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

ono, wait...
    Bongos/congas: Bongobro
    Drumset: Bish (they're both mods an start wit da letter B)
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC

User Info Menu

o an Larrysperf is a good guy for talkin about racks.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by veafer View Post
    I've been hanging around for a couple of months now, just seeing what's been going on in the world of drums and percussion. i "retired" from the road at the ripe old age of 25,stopped playing. cold turkey, selling both kits. To make a long story short, i married a wonderful woman a couple of years ago who convinced me to try and see if i can still play a little. I'm now 51. soon to be 52, so its been of 25 years since ive even picked up a pair of sticks. i am lucky enough to be able to find a kit i can afford without taking too much of a hit in the ol 401k, a Ludwig Accent LC225. Know that this set is considered "low end", i was really surprised by the quality of the kit. I bought the "power" setup, (larger size bass, toms, ect) The 400 series hardware is outstanding, and i got a deal on the ZBT's to go with it. I did a bit of tweaking, new coated remos,for starters. added a floor tom, and made it into a 1 up 2 down set like i played years ago. GAWDDDDDDDDD....am i ever having FUNNNNNNNNNNNNN. And i jus love drivin the neighbors nuts......lol...so, with all that said, im gonna try and post a picture or 2 of my new toy. Hope you enjoy the beatin and banging as much as i have the past few months.......
    ooooooooo.. dats a prettty set
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC

User Info Menu

Hello there
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Welcome mate
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

User Info Menu

wecome veafer, glad to have you aboard
    www.myspace.com/gozrock
    www.myspace.com/video/rid/110115140
    Mapex Meridian Maple
    22"x20"
    10"x7"
    12"x8"
    14"x12"
    16"x14"
    Mapex Black Panther Sledgehammer 14"x6.5

Sabian AAX Cymbals

In Support of Leighs Record attempt
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

Welcome to DrumChat Veafer. Now if there was only something that I could give you advice on. Hmmmm. Nope, can't think of a thing.
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

welcome old timer to drum chat

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Welcome to our family Veafer! Kick off your shoes and stay awhile.

User Info Menu

Great looking kit Veafer! Welcome to the forum.
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

Hey veafer welcome to DC! Nice kit! I love Ludwig drums. My first kit was a used one I bought back in the dark ages of the '80s.

I'm like you.

I've been away from the music scene for a long time too. I got married twice; the first time was a bad dream, remarried, more kids, career, now I'm having my second stab at it again but the gear and the technology is so different and better than when I started out in the '80s.

Welcome to the coolest place for drummers! Hope to see you around the forum.
    Last edited by late8; 06-12-2009 at 05:33 PM. Reason: grammar

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat!
    Matt

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Veafer!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Welcome. One thing about drummers,if it is in your blood there is just no walking away from it. My story is about like yours. I'm 60, played for years got burned out and just quit, sold everything and said "I'm done". 15 years later one thing lead to another and here I am again.

As mentioned above, the technology now is just unbelieveable and the people around here are great about sharing information and bringing all of us up to date.

Enjoy yourself. John

User Info Menu

Welcome to drum chat! i love the set! 1 up 2 down rocks!

and hey concrete building thats awesome what you did about naming people that he go to questions about
    The only way to catch a butterfly is never waiting for the wings.

User Info Menu

Hello..welcome and nice lookin' Kit!!

-Les

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the great "welcomes" from all of you.........I'm so sorry that it took so long to it all..........but ive just returned from my annual dream vacation....1600 miles of driving through 5 or so states and ending up at a 4 day music fest....The W.C Handy Blues and BBQ festival in Henderson, Kentucky...talk about some killer music...all i've gots to say is that if ya ever get the chance to go, dont miss it.........and believe it or not....ITS FREE!!!!!!!!! Anyways, thanks again for all the great replies to my post, and i'll be back soon.............

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by concrete Building View Post
    Yup, Welcome to Drum Chat (We all welcomed dis guy befor PB! Lets all give ouselves a pat on da back!!!). Ur gonna find alot of cool advice. Here are da guys u should talk to for each thing:
    Drum set: Bongobro
    general help: Drummer
    Drum heads: PHROGGE
    Tama advice: Myself or Mr. Tama
    Drumline: Ch33z (i havent seen him in awhile...) and gretschj
    how to play bass: Bassist learning Drums
    a good competition: Pastor Bob
    cymbs (cymbals): STICKWIZZARDDRAGON
    someone to talk to: xweasel
    an dere are lots of other people ur gonna get to know.
    wait... I don't even get mentioned? wow, I thought I was good for sumphin at least... Racks, cymbals, lol yeah I know nuffing about either!!!
    Also if you ever need any positive reinforcment sticks wizor dragon is tha man. That dude exudes confidence and positvity.... and tha man can play, hes out there sometimes lol.... but the man knows stuff, and super spiritual., any how, WELCOME to DRUM CHAT, wish I knew there was some body looking to find a kit... I am thinking of getting rid of my Rogers, wit hall new heads top and bottom, and all refinished, oh well.
    Fat Pat, show us your drums page 138, post 3429
    always chang'n sumth'n