Thread: Vater Slick Nut

User Info Menu

Default Vater Slick Nut

The Vater Slick Nut is a quick release cymbal attachment piece that allows you to mount or remove your cymbals with just a push of a button. It is great for someone who is gigging regularly and wants to cut down their setup/teardown time. No more wing nuts! It can also be locked into place so your cymbals cannot be removed from their stands.

They run about $9 and are well worth it!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

I've been using these Slicknuts for years and swear by them! I can't believe they have'nt caught on more than they have with drummers. A lot of guys still don't know about them. I used to buy them from the original manufacturer, before Vater picked them up. They've even improved over the years. These things save LOTS of time and trouble settin' up and tearin' down.

BTW, Drum Bum has these if anyone wants to buy.

User Info Menu

The Pearl cymbal stands I got with my new kit has a similar thing to this. It's just basically a clip that holds the cymbal and felts in place. They're a cinch to snap into the perfect position, they haven't ever failed on me (come loose, fallen off) and they take 2 seconds to take off, remove the cymbal and put back on.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

the name is a bit suggestive

User Info Menu

It is nasty
    Drummer Chicks Rule

User Info Menu

they look really time saving

maybe i should pick up a couple , with my new band im moving my drums to different houses so...

User Info Menu

i wanted them but i went to price them in a local shop and the were almost £9 each!!! but thats UK for you drums are sooo over priced here,
    anyone know any international sites that are cheap (including shipping)
    TAMA Bubbinga omni-tunes. iron corbra single pedal, Sabian AAX, Vault, & Evolution cymbals, Evans drumheads

User Info Menu

Default Re: Vater Slick Nut

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells58 View Post
    The Pearl cymbal stands I got with my new kit has a similar thing to this. It's just basically a clip that holds the cymbal and felts in place. They're a cinch to snap into the perfect position, they haven't ever failed on me (come loose, fallen off) and they take 2 seconds to take off, remove the cymbal and put back on.

HB58
    MY 1000 & 2000 hardware has these. they are cool and work well, but i often find them, aswell as the felts and washers lying in the bottom of my hardware bag after transport. i just have way too much stuff to buy already, but would like to try the slick nuts.

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: Vater Slick Nut

HOLA como estas ' 1DRUMBUM *ARTISTIC CREATIVE ARTIST
    DRUMMER(CAT) THESE ARE RED HOT *EXCELLENT * GRACIAS
    Mi amigo'

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: Vater Slick Nut

HOLA como estas ' 1DRUMBUM *ARTISTIC CREATIVE ARTIST
    DRUMMER(CAT) THESE ARE RED HOT *EXCELLENT * GRACIAS
    Mi amigo' LOVE THE NAME OF these *BEAUTYS'

User Info Menu

Hmmm...I've seen them in various catalogs but continue to use the toppers that came with my Tama and Ludwig stands. However, I am, if anything, a "Gadget hound" when it comes to my drums. I'll probably get a set and use them. BTW, why is it so hard to find a bass drum mounted cowbell holder?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    BTW, why is it so hard to find a bass drum mounted cowbell holder?
    Because you want it so much!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Because no one buys them because they don't want to mar their bass drum hoops!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    Because no one buys them because they don't want to mar their bass drum hoops!
    You forget, I'm one of those old dude drummers and Mole Skin works wonder for attaching rim mounted attachments to bass drum hoops...nary a scratch much less a ding.

User Info Menu

yes, on the Pearl 1000 hardware pack i got what is basically the same thing. it has a clip-thing on two sides which you split apart to unlock. it REALLY speeds things up when your trying to set up or pack up quickly. it also has a plastic sheath-thing to keep your cymbals from hitting the metal part of the stand.