Thread: cymbal stand

User Info Menu

Default cymbal stand

I'm getting my sabian rock ride soon and i have to know. what kind of cymbal stand should i get. but remember it has to be cheap, because i barely have enough money!
    I AM SABIAN MAN!

Next Drum Purchase: Piccolo Snare
    Next Cymbal purchase: Splash cymbal and splash claw.

User Info Menu

I bought a Pearl C800W Power Pro Double Braced Cymbal Stand on E-Bay for $50 bucks. Nice heavy duty stand.

User Info Menu

yeah but I won't have 50 bucks left over! and I can't use ebay because of parents.
    I AM SABIAN MAN!

User Info Menu

Standard Cymbal Stand, No boom required for your ride, depending on where you place it.

Check your local music shop, they should have some cheap and generic cymbal stands. No where near the quality of that pearl stand above though.

Like almost everything, the more you can pay, the better quality you will receive. Just the way the world works.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

thanks but forget it, my parents said they'd cover it for me. just as long as i buy the cymbal.
    I AM SABIAN MAN!

User Info Menu

I bought simple Boom/strait stands for 30 bucks each. and there very nice. i have a 16 inch Zildjin rock crash and a 18 inch Zildjin crash/ride and they are bueitful combination of cymbal sound.

User Info Menu

OK then buy a pearl

Trust me I've done it before, ive bought a cymbal stand (a cheap one) and had to buy a new one like a couple months later.

Im telling you buy a low end pearl even.

Like 75 bucks

Itll be worth it in the long run
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

just pick up a nice PDP 900 or something, ive got 2 of those, and i beat the crap out of the cymbals on them, they dont fall apart

User Info Menu

you no what, this thread is useless, because... stands... dont really break. it isnt really something to ask bout, you no? . buy the cheapest one. unless you want a specific boom stand, then just buy any. they all hold up nicely.

User Info Menu

Actually Xaviett, I have to disagree with you. While all cymbal stands seem to be the same on the surface, a lot of the brand name stands are much higher quality with more features than the lower end stands.

I used to have Linko hardware, and it was pretty terrible. Lightweight rubbish, unstable, and pretty poor build quality.

My new Pearl hardware however is a million times better. More heavy duty, better build quality, wicked locking mechanisms to hold your cymbals in the perfect place.

I tell you, there's nothing better than good hardware.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Nice argument.

i have to settle with yours i must admit.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Xaviett
    you no what, this thread is useless, because... stands... dont really break. it isnt really something to ask bout, you no? . buy the cheapest one. unless you want a specific boom stand, then just buy any. they all hold up nicely.
    Not true.

I've broken a stack of stands. The cheap ones generally go really quickly. when the wingnut bolts get threaded.

But decent quality Pearl and Yamaha stands have managed to survive all manner of abuse.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells58
    Actually Xaviett, I have to disagree with you. While all cymbal stands seem to be the same on the surface, a lot of the brand name stands are much higher quality with more features than the lower end stands.

I used to have Linko hardware, and it was pretty terrible. Lightweight rubbish, unstable, and pretty poor build quality.

My new Pearl hardware however is a million times better. More heavy duty, better build quality, wicked locking mechanisms to hold your cymbals in the perfect place.

I tell you, there's nothing better than good hardware.

HB58
    what hardware did your sessions come with? i have 2 bc-1000 booms and 2 bc-2000 booms. thy are def. out of the cheap affordable catagory, but the 2000 series is the absolute best, most versitile, heavy duty stands i have ever seen. i can mount 2 crashes, a splash and two rack toms and not ever have to worry about anything.