Thread: Anybody know anything about this pedal?

PearlDrummer18 Guest

Default Anybody know anything about this pedal?

I found this on line for $120.00 and to me looks to be a nice pedal. It has alot of adjustment options but i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with one of these or has heard of them. I'd never heard of VEX pedals until i came across this one. What do you guys think...decent buy or stay away from it?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Anybody know anything about this pedal?

I think 2slow has one
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

PearlDrummer18 Guest

Thanks Andreeew! 2slow pick up the white courtesy phone please!

User Info Menu

this pedal might be the reason he's 2slow =p

User Info Menu

I have this pedal. I feel that it is good and strong and plays well with no problems so far, about 8 months old. But I have never played with a top of the line pedal like an Axis Long Board, or a DW 9000, or an Iron Cobra, so I can't compare it to those models. But for me because I can't spend $400.00 to $600.00 on a pair of pedals, these are the next best thing. Heavy duty, fully adjustable and fast as far as I know. Cheers.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

PearlDrummer18 Guest

Thanks Wolvie56! I won't spend 4 or 500 dollars on a pedal. If i were a professional musician or something i could see where you would want something that expensive but when i just play drums as a hobby i don't need a bass pedal that expensive...but that's just me. I do have a question about the adjustments. Can you adjust the footboard seperate from the beater or is this a pedal that when you adjust the beater it adjusts the footboard at the sametime? I hope that made sense.

User Info Menu

i find them as a great pedel works great my friend has 1 and i play to it feels great the feeling of the pedal so i recomend u get it

User Info Menu

PD, it's the old adage that you get what you pay for, but as you can see, we have several members that have the Vex pedal and seem happy with it. I can say that I had a Pearl P120P PowerShifter single pedal that was an unpgrade for me, and I was very happy with that pedal. When I decided to take advantage of an introductory price on a DW 8002 double pedal (I couldn't afford the $400 price tag today), I could definitely feel the difference in the smoothness of the action. Now, whether that has made me a better drummer is certainly open to debate, but a nice smooth action is certainly a joy to play on.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

Larrysperf Guest

Vex are very good pedals for the $ . It is basically a clone of the Pearl pedals just a lot less $. I have never heard anything bad about them. Also you can split them and make 2 single pedals so that is a plus

User Info Menu

Mine sucked. Plus, the foam on the beaters fell off quickly. Just what I think, I might have gotten a bad one, I dunno. It was 99$ on ebay.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    Vex are very good pedals for the $ . It is basically a clone of the Pearl pedals just a lot less $. I have never heard anything bad about them. Also you can split them and make 2 single pedals so that is a plus
    Oh, that's nice! I haven't gotten my double bass yet, so I'll try it out!
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PearlDrummer18 View Post
    Thanks Wolvie56! I won't spend 4 or 500 dollars on a pedal. If i were a professional musician or something i could see where you would want something that expensive but when i just play drums as a hobby i don't need a bass pedal that expensive...but that's just me. I do have a question about the adjustments. Can you adjust the footboard seperate from the beater or is this a pedal that when you adjust the beater it adjusts the footboard at the sametime? I hope that made sense.

Not quite sure that I understand your question, but if you adjust the spring tension, it will effect how easy it is to depress the pedal and also the rebound return. You can adjust the angle of the beater separately which affects when the beater strikes the drum head, which affects how fast you can make it respond also. Hope this answers your questions. If not, ask again.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PearlDrummer18 View Post
    In answer to your adjustment question, just looking at the pedal the beater connector has got a drumkey screw at the base cross rod which would lead me to believe it can be adjusted without moving the footboard. The key to really know is if the cross bar is round or sided.
    Signature here

PearlDrummer18 Guest

Thanks everyone for all your help!!