Thread: Alesis DM5 v TD-4 v TD-6v

User Info Menu

Default Alesis DM5 v TD-4 v TD-6v

I am just buying oy first drum kit
    I wanted to be sure to get a kit with a nice acoustic feel so I didn't learn too many bad habits
    But also felt the need to go electric due to proximity of neighbours etc

So in the end I am almost settiled on getting a Jobeky pro kit and a probably Roland module

If anyone has any strong opinion that might challenge those plans then please share

My next decision then is which module
    I cannot afford much after the big fork out for the kit
    So I am assuming I have to go with one of these 3
    I think I can rule out the Alesis as I believe it does not have a continuous hihat sound
    That leaves me with the TD-4 v TD-6v

Seems the 6v has a sequencer built in (not a hige plus as I'll be playing near my PC anyway). I also believe it has more kits etc.
    But then the TD-4 does seem to have some good pracice facilities for a starter drummer lik eme, and also it is newer

Does anyone know of any good reasons to choose either way?
    OR
    Steer me down a different route altogether?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Alesis DM5 v TD-4 v TD-6v

I have a td6 with all mesh heads and use along with my acoustic set. I will say that the standard kits that come along with TD module are Ok, but what I LOVE is midi triggering my kit with BFD2 on my recording computer. At the very minimum I would download the third party kits into the module. I don't think you could go wrong with kits you listed but If I were you I would get the mesh heads for the acoustic feel.