Thread: Best deal ever!

User Info Menu

Default Best deal ever!

I don't post much here, but I have to share with you this amazing story.

On saturday, my friend and I drove to ... I don't know if I'm allowed to say the name, let's just say it's the clearance center / warehouse for a popular musical instrument site ... to see if he could talk them down on an Roland set. When we walk in, we are greeted by a sign that says "60% off all blemished items." That's practically the whole store! They were doing inventory that night and wanted everything gone. So we find a section of various shell packs, and after about 30 minutes of digging through them, a worker walks up and says "I can tell you two look serious about purchasing something. I'll give you 75% off any shell pack."

I found a Ddrum AMX 4-piece with a 24" bass drum. It was missing one lug on the floor tom, and the bass drum had a crack in it. Easily fixable. Otherwise it was like new, even had (stock) heads and all mounting hardware (except the one lug). After discounts, before taxes: $57.

My friend, who wanted an electronic set, walked out with a 6 piece, double bass Pearl Export and a Mapex Black Panther snare for $450. Never been played! It was a display model, up on a shelf. Pearl is discontinuing that line. But wait, there's more.

We were standing around, just absorbing the great deals we were getting, when the same saleslady who gave me 75% off the Ddrum wheels out a pallet with what looks like a marching bass drum case, quads case, electric guitar case, and a cardboard box. She tells another salesperson that they're full of misc. returned items, and the manager wants it all gone to the first person who will pay $100 for it. They open the bass case, and the first thing we see is a pile of drum heads, at least 20 just from one peek. They open the quads case, and pull out Digidesign Pro Tools 7, new in the box. We split the cost 50/50 and took it. We had to go back home and get an SUV and a truck to haul it all!

TL:DR - Ddrum AMX 4 piece for $57, Pearl 6 piece export for $350, Black Panther snare for $100 bucks, a whole lot of misc stuff for $100 bucks.

PS- Inside the cardboard box was Ludwig Accent hardware - snare stand, hi hat stand, etc.
    Last edited by BakkuShan; 06-22-2009 at 01:46 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Best deal ever!

That is an amazing steal! I can't believe you got that Ddrum set for that price especially, that is insane. Hope you and your friend enjoy all of your purchases.
    Gretsch - Tama - Pearl - Sabian - Zildjian - Stagg - Evans - Vater - Gibraltar

User Info Menu

Yeah RP is right that's just insane lol! $57 for a brand new Ddrum except for a missing lug and crack! Wow. Is this place in California? If it is I'm gonna have to go to it and get some stuff.
    Matt

User Info Menu

No, its in Kansas City, Missouri. If I can find out when they're doing inventory again, I'll let you know. The funniest thing is that we were going to go on Wednesday, but his car broke down on the way there. If we had made it, we wouldn't have got these amazing deals. It was a one-day-only sale.

User Info Menu

wowww.... better than 5 dollars per head at the drum dealer I go to.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

im so jealous
    The only way to catch a butterfly is never waiting for the wings.

User Info Menu

There was probably close to 50 heads total, but in all fairness, they were either Pulse, Ludwig, or blank stock heads. There was one Attack, but that's it. If you pay $5 for quality heads, that's a heck of a bargain.

User Info Menu

Sounds like a result expecially $100 for a black panther snare!
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

User Info Menu

Wow, that's some insane deals you got there! Congrats!
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

User Info Menu

Sounds like you fell into an amazing day BakkuShan! Congrats!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

good work!
    www.fadesaway.com

Matt...
    Fades Away

Forever I am Forgiven, and Forever, I will Rejoice.

User Info Menu

ah, i'm quite familiar with this place...minstrels companion warehouse? i have scored many great deals from there. last time i almost bought a 6pc yammy oak custom for 600 bux.

User Info Menu

You're offically on my "I hate you because you got a really good deal and/or you have a really nice drumset that I want but know I'll never have list"

User Info Menu

Congrats on the killer deals !! And I am sooooooo glad that store is not by me...cause I'd be in divorce court after I got home with the semi loaded ! LOL By the way shoot me a PM with the name and addy of that store !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2slow View Post
    Congrats on the killer deals !! And I am sooooooo glad that store is not by me...cause I'd be in divorce court after I got home with the semi loaded ! LOL By the way shoot me a PM with the name and addy of that store !

LOL......youre gonna get in trouble ......I gotta nice drum room you can sleep in after Mrs 2s tosses you out .
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

I am sooo jealous!
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Awesome find Bakku. If you can find out when that next inventory is, let us all know. I'll drive to KC for an awesome deal.
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

damn, i want a black panther snare with hi energy aquarian batter head on it. chris adler style baby! lol i love the sond of his snare
    -Chrome Pearl Export
    10 in tom
    12 in tom
    13 in tom
    14 in floor tom
    16 in floor tom
    2-22 in bass drum
    Yamaha steel snare drum
    -Pro Mark Jordison and Adler sticks, Ahead Jordison sticks
    -Pearl Eliminators
    -2 sided Pearl ICON curved rack
    -ZXT Titanium 20 in ride
    ZXT Titanium 16 in crash
    ZXT 16 in crash
    Paiste 2000 Color Sound 20 in crash
    ZXT Titanium 10 in splash
    ZXT Titanium 14 in hi hats
    ZXT 13 in hi hats
    Paiste 502 Bronze 14 in hi hats

User Info Menu

I hate you....Well its not nice to hate.

I loathe you...well its not nice to loathe

I despise you...well its not nice to despise..

I reverently dislike you.

There , thats nice.

lol

congrats on a great deal man.

User Info Menu

Holy man, thats more than a steal. You're gonna have a lot of fun with all of your new stuff, I can tell. I'm honestly jealous, The best deal I ever got was on my kit it was the last in the store so the guy just gave me an extra tom and an extra cymbal because it was the display. He even replaced the used drum skins. You lucky son of a white bengal tiger. Haha, Have fun rocking out man.

~Cheers
    Last edited by Reindeer; 07-16-2009 at 04:31 PM.
    If the house is Rocking,
    Don't bother Knocking,
    Just come on In.

My drums are my babies,
    AND I BEAT THEM.

User Info Menu

WOW, you guys got an amazing deal.

Congratulations.
    Signature here