Thread: College Gig...

User Info Menu

Default College Gig...

Hey guys, I haven't posted here that much in a while, been preparing everything at college for our end of year gig, which was tonight. Me and my regular bassist were playing with a friend of ours who happens to be an insane guitarist. We played a short "Metallica Medley", including parts of Enter Sandman, Master of Puppets and Orion. Me and my bassist also played with an acoustic guitarist/singer for a few songs, and I have to say she was amazing.

Unfortunately I couln't take my own kit due to transoprt reasons, however, I used the college's drum kit which is a Tama Rockstar. Although it's not the "highest ranked" Tama kit, it did sound absolutely amazing. The toms had Pinstripes over Ambos, the snare had Ambo over a stock head, and the bass drum had emperors on both batter and reso sides. I did use my cymbals though, and the whole thing sounded amazing.

There were a couple of mistakes made, like dropping my left hand stick in the first song But I kept the hi hat going with the right hand and smoothly pulled out another drum stick from my holder

Overall though I was really please with the way it turned out. After a 12 hour day at college and a litre of energy drinks. And I'm still buzzing from caffeine and adrenaline. It's time's like these that make me so happy to be a musician. Definately worth every single minute.
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

User Info Menu

Default Re: College Gig...

awesome man congrats
    PEARL MASTERS MCX in Bronze Glass
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9
    Camilo:''your guitarrist is awesome',Xweasel: ''yeah he's asian''

User Info Menu

Wow sounds like you had a great time.

User Info Menu

Congrats on a good time.............and LOL , who hasnt dropped a stick , nice job on the retrieval .
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Good to see you Chazbo, and really glad to hear about the great day!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

haha last week at church i was playing and my stick flew out of my hand and landed right in front of the audience hahaha
    The only way to catch a butterfly is never waiting for the wings.

User Info Menu

coo brotha

User Info Menu

Good deal Chaz. Glad to hear it went so well.
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie