Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me refind my training passion

User Info Menu

Default Re: Help me refind my training passion

I love practicing by myself. I think of it as refining my craft in the fire and getting rid of impurities. Better to make mistakes at home than on stage, or even at practice because it is a waist of the bands time, even your manager and producers time. Remember..When opportunity knocks, it is too late to prepare.
    Last edited by Reverend D.; 07-11-2009 at 12:42 AM.
    A good drummer will sound good on anything(even stock drum heads). A bad drummer will sound bad on anything.

User Info Menu

Default Drummer Quotables. =o)

hear hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend D. View Post
    I love practicing by myself. I think of it as refining my craft in the fire and getting rid of impurities. Better to make mistakes at home than on stage, or even at practice because it is a waist of the bands time, even your manager and producers time. Remember..When opportunity knocks, it is too late to prepare.

User Info Menu

But remember I also play 4, 5 hour shows a week, every week.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    But remember I also play 4, 5 hour shows a week, every week.
    Understood. I did the same for years as well, and it can be very hard on family life and schedules. However, if possible, always try to make some private time to experiment with new things to constantly be challenging yourself. It helps keep you motivated(as doing the same thing over and over can get old rather quickly) and helps you to keep setting personal goals for yourself.
    A good drummer will sound good on anything(even stock drum heads). A bad drummer will sound bad on anything.

User Info Menu

Understood. I did the same for years as well, and it can be very hard on family life and schedules. However, if possible, always try to make some private time to experiment with new things to constantly be challenging yourself. It helps keep you motivated(as doing the same thing over and over can get old rather quickly) and helps you to keep setting personal goals for yourself.
    Thats the great thing with my band, we never play the same show twice!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    Thats the great thing with my band, we never play the same show twice!
    Sounds awesome! What style of music do you play?

User Info Menu

Sounds awesome! What style of music do you play?
    Country, blues, surf, 50's 60's 70's and 80's classic rock.
    Everything from Buddy Holly to Deep Purple.

User Info Menu

Sounds like a lot of fun.