Thread: Help me refind my training passion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default Help me refind my training passion

Lesson season is over, and my training routine is falling apart. I am supposed to drum for an hour a day, but it rarely get's there anymore. I've been drumming for a bit less than a year.

My current daily schedule is: 1 hour of jogging, 30 minutes of reading, 1 hour of drumming.

You might say that this is nothing to speak of, but I can only listen to my body, and I can't get myself to accept such a pack of things lying ahead of me when I return from school each day.
    I've had the schedule work for about half a year, so it's not something I'm too lazy to get started on, it's something I just can't handle. It fell apart, and it was never truly consistent.

I was wondering if you guys knew some tricks to get drumming more attractive for me. Can I get away with any jamming if I have to keep it to the 60 minutes a day? Can drumming compensate for jogging one or more days a week? Should I split up the 60 minutes somehow?
    Any tips for making this more fun?

Anything else about my lifestyle I can change to make this more bearable? Would a better diet help a lot?

I don't want to make this post too complex, I'm asking for help after all, but it could be a mental problem too. I never view training as something I can ever finish. I don't really feel any improvements. Any training-mentality tips?

I play on an electric set by the way. I was hearing some stuff on how you can use a real kit in a flat with the right noise protection. Care to elaborate?

Thanks in advance
    Ginko

Ps: If this is a double post, sorry. But I expected that something went wrong when my thread hadn't been uploaded after 2 days.
    EDIT: I see that the old thread got taken down due to links. I thought they were harmless in nature, but I guess they were copyright infringing at some meta-legal level. They were links to songs on YouTube.
    Last edited by Ginko; 06-25-2009 at 09:45 AM.