Thread: Rolahama/Yamaland

User Info Menu

Default Rolahama/Yamaland

Here are some pics and specs. of my e-kit. affectionately known as: Rolahama/Yamaland.

• 7 ea. Yamaha Dtxtreme I RHP (real head pads) birch wood shells with mesh - 8" (RHP80), 10" (2 ea. RHP10), 12" (3 ea. RHP12/12SD), one kick tower (KP120)
    • Cymbals - PCY135 (2 ea.), PCY155 (2 ea.), PCY10, CY12H (Roland hi hat)
    • Hardware - Hex Rack, Yamaha boom arms
    • Module - currently Roland TD-10exp.; however, I plan on buying the DTXtreme III module in near future
    • Monitor - Roland PM-30
    • dw 9002 pedal

Here are some pics:

Last edited by scorch whammin; 06-29-2009 at 10:29 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Rolahama/Yamaland

Very nice. I love those old Yamaha pads with the shells. I've got to find some of them.

User Info Menu

Scorch, that is one great looking e-kit! If you have a chance, I'd love to see a video of you behind that kit. We love pics and video!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Scorch, that is one great looking e-kit! If you have a chance, I'd love to see a video of you behind that kit. We love pics and video!
    Yes, I will try and get that done soon...I guess I need to figure out the best way to do this.....?...I've heard too many youtube videos that did not sound good....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by scorch whammin View Post
    Yes, I will try and get that done soon...I guess I need to figure out the best way to do this.....?...I've heard too many youtube videos that did not sound good....
    Well we hear 'em in here too, because most of us don't have anything more than a video camera, but if you can get better sound - cool!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Sweet kit, I'd love to see a video as well! So, are those Yamaha drum pads, like practice pads or what? I'm confused on that one.
    My Set:
    5 Piece PDP FS series
    Joey Jordison Signature Snare
    Sabian B8 14", 18" Thin Crashes
    Sabian B8 16" Thin Crash Dented Edition
    Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hi-Hats
    Sabian B8 20" Ride
    Paiste Innovative 20" Heavy Ride
    Jhmeg2 Über Ride 20" Special Edition

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post
    Sweet kit, I'd love to see a video as well! So, are those Yamaha drum pads, like practice pads or what? I'm confused on that one.

These are the first generation DTXtreme e-kit pads (the best they made for this line, circa 2001-2003). They originally came with real drum heads...remo to be exact....I have since put mesh on them to quiet them down...although they're not really loud with real heads...they feel, IMO, better than roland pads (and I play both currently)....just feel more like real drums....not exactly but closer than roland...don't have the tennis racket effect. Oh yeah.....All the pads are dual trigger.

User Info Menu

Very nice man! I am pretty much an idiot when it comes to knowing anything about E-Kits...but those look great!!
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

These are the first generation DTXtreme e-kit pads (the best they made for this line, circa 2001-2003). They originally came with real drum heads...remo to be exact....I have since put mesh on them to quiet them down...although they're not really loud with real heads...they feel, IMO, better than roland pads (and I play both currently)....just feel more like real drums....not exactly but closer than roland...don't have the tennis racket effect. Oh yeah.....All the pads are dual trigger.

Ah ok I get it now lol. Those still look pretty sweet.
    My Set:
    5 Piece PDP FS series
    Joey Jordison Signature Snare
    Sabian B8 14", 18" Thin Crashes
    Sabian B8 16" Thin Crash Dented Edition
    Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hi-Hats
    Sabian B8 20" Ride
    Paiste Innovative 20" Heavy Ride
    Jhmeg2 Über Ride 20" Special Edition

User Info Menu

Any chance there are sound clips in existence yet? I'm keen to hear another TD-10 recording. =o)

Fellow TD-10 module user,
    Leigh

P.S. Still in the process of sourcing mesh heads (10, 12, 14, and 20)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by l_e_i_g_h View Post
    Any chance there are sound clips in existence yet? I'm keen to hear another TD-10 recording. =o)

Fellow TD-10 module user,
    Leigh

P.S. Still in the process of sourcing mesh heads (10, 12, 14, and 20)
    OK, here is a church service song the praise band I'm in did back on Mother's day. At this time we had been performing together for approx. 3 months... Please excuse the recording...it clips in a few areas...(to do list....gotta get that board/recorder set right..lol). The song is "A new hallelujah" (by Michael W. Smith)...I changed it up a bit by adding toms/snare section. The module is of course a td10exp...the kit settings in the module I'm using are from the "Master 50" (Vex) called "Steve Gadd"...It's my fav. kit Vex makes. Hope you like.

http://www.4shared.com/file/10769283..._05-10-09.html

User Info Menu

OK....Rolahama/Yamaland has now officially become DTXtreme IV lol....I have sold the td-10exp. module and replaced it with a DTXtreme III module....will post pics of new module soon.

User Info Menu

I thought I was a Yamaha freak with my Recording customs, Maple customs, and 2 Tour custom kits, and waiting on an e-mail for pos. a 7pc. stage custom kit for gigging.I hear by pass the Yamaha crown to you bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zzzdanz View Post
    I thought I was a Yamaha freak with my Recording customs, Maple customs, and 2 Tour custom kits, and waiting on an e-mail for pos. a 7pc. stage custom kit for gigging.I hear by pass the Yamaha crown to you bro!
    hahahahaha...I'll accept that crown....yea...I am a Yamaha fan! what can I say other than they make really nice kits!

User Info Menu

Thank you!

OK, here is a church service song the praise band I'm in did back on Mother's day. At this time we had been performing together for approx. 3 months... Please excuse the recording...it clips in a few areas...(to do list....gotta get that board/recorder set right..lol). The song is "A new hallelujah" (by Michael W. Smith)...I changed it up a bit by adding toms/snare section. The module is of course a td10exp...the kit settings in the module I'm using are from the "Master 50" (Vex) called "Steve Gadd"...It's my fav. kit Vex makes. Hope you like.

http://www.4shared.com/file/10769283..._05-10-09.html

User Info Menu

Default The Yamanator - formerly known as Rolahama/Yamaland

Here is a couple of pics of my kit since I added the DTXtreme III module, RHH135 hihat, HS1100 hihat stand and one extra 10" tom. The kit is now an 8 piece kit... and I am thoroughly enjoying the new module.....

Here is a pic showing extra tom to the left of hihat

Here is a pic of the new module...

User Info Menu

Default The Yamanator - formerly known as Rolahama/Yamaland

Here are two links to a couple of short audio clips of some user kits I've created in the DTXtreme III module (I recently purchased for my e-kit). The first two kits (on first audio link) are from pre-kits (beech custom abs. & maple custom abs.) that were already loaded in module; however, I have edited them and changed things such as: EQ on ea. drum, master effect (master eq), gain, velocity, attack, depth, tuning, etc...
    I'm not playing anything hard here, really just wanting to hear differences in the kits (from a recording) as I just got some new headphones that are studio AKG's (flat eq) and wanted to see if they would help with editing...
    The second link is to a kit I created called MapleBirchOk...it consists of maple snare and kick and (5) birch and (1) oak toms....

http://www.4shared.com/file/12468300...e_Cus_Abs.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/12401485...leBirchOk.html

User Info Menu

I absolutely love that kit! Best kit out there for sure! I hope to get something like that in the future, but I'll be happy with just a DTXtreme 3 sp. You know if you ever get board of that kit, you can just ship it out to me though. lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Led Rush View Post
    I absolutely love that kit! Best kit out there for sure! I hope to get something like that in the future, but I'll be happy with just a DTXtreme 3 sp. You know if you ever get board of that kit, you can just ship it out to me though. lol
    Thanks for the compliment!...I'm really happy with this kit!...I've played most of the top end e-kits out there...and I wouldn't trade for any of them!....BTW...if you can afford it get a IIISP...it's a really nice kit!...and very reasonable considering what caliber of kit/module/hardware you get with it!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the compliment!...I'm really happy with this kit!...I've played most of the top end e-kits out there...and I wouldn't trade for any of them!....BTW...if you can afford it get a IIISP...it's a really nice kit!...and very reasonable considering what caliber of kit/module/hardware you get with it!
    I can't afford it right now, but it's definitely what I'm aiming for.

User Info Menu

Default The Yamanator:)

Decided to post some new pics of my e-kit, affectionately known as the Yamanator....since last post I added some extra pieces to the hex rack (to accomodate a double bass setup)..and a second kick, along with an extra tom...kit is now a 9 piece kit (actually I've got 11 drum pads now, just don't have enough inputs for all of them)....here's a few recent pics (still in the process of hooking up all the cables):

Last edited by scorch whammin; 02-28-2010 at 08:08 PM.

User Info Menu

That is becoming quite the beast.

Very nice!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Question Tested?

Scorch, have you tested it out yet?

a video would be swell!

Decided to post some new pics of my e-kit, affectionately known as the Yamanator....since last post I added some extra pieces to the hex rack (to accomodate a double bass setup)..and a second kick, along with an extra tom...kit is now a 9 piece kit (actually I've got 11 drum pads now, just don't have enough inputs for all of them)....here's a few recent pics (still in the process of hooking up all the cables)

User Info Menu

Woaaah! That's one heck of an e-kit you have there! Looks amazing!