Thread: drum color

User Info Menu

Default drum color

im asking this question for a friend who has no computer.

He has an old set of ludwigs that are really in need of a make over.

what can he do to change color or make the color he got look allot better,they are metallic red and really scratched and beat up but he loves the set..he says there really old and dont want to get rid of them just change the color.

Thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: drum color

search..Tama superstar resto...rmandelbaum was kind enough to restore those bad boys for me for my B-day.(I wish)..maybe just a simple re-wrap?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aunkster View Post
    im asking this question for a friend who has no computer.

He has an old set of ludwigs that are really in need of a make over.

what can he do to change color or make the color he got look allot better,they are metallic red and really scratched and beat up but he loves the set..he says there really old and dont want to get rid of them just change the color.

Thanks
    There are lots of resources for wraps. One easy solution is rockenwraps. They aren't glued to the shell, just float over current finish. I think all you have to do is cut out for hardware. Probably $300+ for a whole kit.

Of course you could just get a new set for $200 more than that unless his drums are a decent kit, just need refinishing or have some sentimental value.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

ThePloughman Guest

invest some time in research, your friend could be about to destroy the value of his drums

User Info Menu

That's the nice thing about the rockenwraps, they aren't attached, they just float over the old finish. So no damage to the old finish if the drums are worth something.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThePloughman View Post
    invest some time in research, your friend could be about to destroy the value of his drums
    I was just getting ready to toss that out there .If they are truelly that old , then re-wrapping or painting them will ruin their value .
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

There are options but as the others are saying it may take the value of the drums down if they are vintage. What line of ludwigs are they? What do the badges look like?

Oh and Dan your drums are still wait for the last clear coats, darn this new job taking all my time ;-)
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

For about $300 you can get a custom paint job done or like said above, research rockenraps or whatever they are called. I've seen them in musicians (buddy) ha ha
    www.fadesaway.com

Matt...
    Fades Away

Forever I am Forgiven, and Forever, I will Rejoice.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rmandelbaum View Post
    There are options but as the others are saying it may take the value of the drums down if they are vintage. What line of ludwigs are they? What do the badges look like?

Oh and Dan your drums are still wait for the last clear coats, darn this new job taking all my time ;-)
    No worries bro!..I can wait a lil longer for them....I need a fix of some new pics thou, I'm getting the shakes from withdrawls.

User Info Menu

Me too
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rmandelbaum View Post

all i know is that he says they are 1968 and white