Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mainly for guys but girls can too!

User Info Menu

Default mainly for guys but girls can too!

do you find a chick drummer attractive or annoying????
    I've had it with your no talent, wannabe gangster ass! You wanna prove once and for all that I'm better than you? Strap up!--drumline

our drumline doesn't do skanks!!! so get out!! thanks... lol

you may try to look like me... but you ain't never gonna play like me-- drumline

User Info Menu

attractive...and not just drummers...i say this chick playing guitar in a metal band one time....so very cool...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jcdrummerbabe
    i think a cute girl playin the drums is real sexy
    max

User Info Menu

HOT! I was in a band back in the late 80's which I was the only guy. Female bass player, guitar, and singer!!! A male guitar player from the band I was in before the female group, came over to "check out" how the girl played guitar. He felt girls couldn't be good. I first jammed with him, then I jammed with her. He was so embarrassed by her playing, that he packed up and left in the middle of us jamming. She smoked him!!!
    Girls can be just as good/better then guys.
    HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

sweeet.....keep rockin girls

User Info Menu

I love female drummers!!!!!! I would really like to hear Chixwithstix cuz' they're all smokin'!

User Info Menu

hehehe thank you im trying to get a video clip or even a sound clip on our website,but all the times we've recorded our gigs the sound never comes out well and i dont wana put something on that wont sound good.so keep checking it will be there sometime

User Info Menu

Chick drummer very hot if their not snobby. I go to drum lessons their is a girl that is in their before me and shes hot but my drum teacher says she dosn't practice or anything.
    Its not how much you know its how good you play what you know.

User Info Menu

Girl drummers rock.. probably better that guy drummers lol jk

but seriously.. take it from a drummer grl with a drummer cousin/guy who NEVER practices cuz hes too lazy!
    Not that guys in general are lazy...
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

http://www.maxattacks.com/madamxfront.html

Here ya go, this was what I call a one hit wonder band back in the 80's.
    I seen them in Columbus Ohio in 87. Rather a talented band if you like the
    80's hair band era. Chick drummer and lead guitarist.
    Rock Till Ya Drop

User Info Menu

I find all musician chix hot, especially the ones who really jump around when rocking out, yum yum

User Info Menu

I think this is going to come off as really mean, but here goes anyway...

There are all kinds of really great female musicians, but it seems like everyone of them that is world class is playing strings or piano. How big would the list of all time great drummers have to be to include a single woman. There are a few professional women drummers who have well known recordings, but if you put them next to, oh say Buddy Rich, they'd look pretty remedial. Are there droves of unknown women drummers out there with the speed, power and musicality of the all time greats? Is there girl out there right now who is going to be the Neil Pert of her generation? Maybe, but I've never seen any evidence to make me think so.

As to the origional question, my first thought at seeing/hearing a girl drummer is "hey, that's kinda cute". It only gets anoying when folks start with the whole "yeah, and she's better than any man" thing. It rates right up there with "women make great NFL outside linebackers", or "wow, those French can really fight a war".
    Last edited by Roaddebris; 09-01-2006 at 06:41 PM.

User Info Menu

There are many "killer" girl drummers out there but they don't always get the spotlight. Some that come to mind are Sheila E., Hillary Jones, Cindy Blackman, and Terry Lynn Carrington. For every one of those there are also dozens more that are playing with name artists. And for every one of those, there are great girl drummers playing with club groups everywhere.

So they're out there, but it's been more of a guy-only thing for many years. It will just take time for girls to achieve the same notoriety and recognition.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Roaddebris] Are there droves of unknown women drummers out there with the speed, power and musicality of the all time greats?
    QUOTE]
    hopefully me by the time i`m 21 lol
    Oh tell me where your freedom lies
    The street are fields that never die.
    Deliver me from reasons why
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

A chick wants me to teach her to play drums and shes pretty attractive, i dont know why anyone would find a female "drummer" annoying that comes with personality

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jcdrummerbabe
    I would have to say verry attractive. I have a tendancy to cheer on any woman in a male dominated activity.

jarhead Guest

attractive...well if they look good...but chick+drummer....oh yeah

drummonkey Guest

i agree

User Info Menu

hmmph well i think most chick drummers that are girls that are in a rock or metal band are likely to be goth. im not saying that all of em are but u know..

User Info Menu

If they impress me, then they're attractive. If they have no creativity, skill, speed or anything that makes you sit up and go "wow, they're really good", then they're no better than Meg White IMO.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

well, im definitely not goth or any of that... im on our drumline and we kick butt.... lol
    Quote Originally Posted by b3stdrumm3revur
    hmmph well i think most chick drummers that are girls that are in a rock or metal band are likely to be goth. im not saying that all of em are but u know..
    I've had it with your no talent, wannabe gangster ass! You wanna prove once and for all that I'm better than you? Strap up!--drumline

our drumline doesn't do skanks!!! so get out!! thanks... lol

you may try to look like me... but you ain't never gonna play like me-- drumline

User Info Menu

i love a chick that rocks.

User Info Menu

If the girl is atractive, shell be even more atractive plying drums!

User Info Menu

i find it very hot

User Info Menu

It's a bit disappointing that everyone mentions looks and attractiveness. How often is that a consideration with male drummers?

This is definitely one of the problems (if not the main problem) that female musicians still face today: no matter how good or bad they are, they're always going to be judged by their physical appearance.