Thread: Pearl Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Default Pearl Double Bass Pedal

I'm thinking of buying a Pearl P122TW PowerShifter Double Bass Pedal. Ive never had a double pedal before and I have a simple question. Can u adjust the space between the 2 pedals, like I don't want the left pedal to get in the way of my hi-hat pedal.

Thanks Guys

User Info Menu

Default Re: Pearl Double Bass Pedal

Yes you can however the amount of adjustability will differ from brand to brand and model to model.

User Info Menu

Sure, It's an excellent pedal. You'll enjoy the response very much...
    Q-Would you buy another one if it were stolen?
    A-Well yeah... But, I'd probly turn into a homicidal maniac first!

Larrysperf Guest

Yes and Pearl makes some of the best pedals

User Info Menu

Yes you can adjust the distance between the pedals, but you should make sure you can adjust the beater angle. I completely overlooked that when I was buying my double pedal and I ended up with a pedal that slammed my leg every time it bounced back. I've since found a way around the problem but it's still better to be able to adjust your beater.
    Matt

IL DUCE Guest

That is one of the great perpetual drawbacks to a double kick pedal. getting it comfortable. There are a variety of different style Hi-hats from dual leg swivel ( I use one) to no leg Hi-hats. Which allows easier positioning of your DP while minumizing the interferance from you HH legs. A recent addtion really goes along way in completely elimiating and pedal interference at all. I recently purchase a Taye 5000 series Snare "boom" stand. The snare basket is actually a mini boom stand. In other words you can place your boom stand so that the connecting rod is on the "inside" of you snare stands feet, the stands boom arm then allows the snarebasket to come over the connecting rod and positoning the snare drum suspended if you will in front of you. There's nothing under the drum itself since the stand is back and away from your drum itself. Taye is a great company they make good quality gear and this stand is no exception I got it one ebay for $85.00. It's a very well built well designed stand. I love it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IL DUCE View Post
    That is one of the great perpetual drawbacks to a double kick pedal. getting it comfortable. There are a variety of different style Hi-hats from dual leg swivel ( I use one) to no leg Hi-hats. Which allows easier positioning of your DP while minumizing the interferance from you HH legs. A recent addtion really goes along way in completely elimiating and pedal interference at all. I recently purchase a Taye 5000 series Snare "boom" stand. The snare basket is actually a mini boom stand. In other words you can place your boom stand so that the connecting rod is on the "inside" of you snare stands feet, the stands boom arm then allows the snarebasket to come over the connecting rod and positoning the snare drum suspended if you will in front of you. There's nothing under the drum itself since the stand is back and away from your drum itself. Taye is a great company they make good quality gear and this stand is no exception I got it one ebay for $85.00. It's a very well built well designed stand. I love it.
    Yup, I went with the TAMA air ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Q-Would you buy another one if it were stolen?
    A-Well yeah... But, I'd probly turn into a homicidal maniac first!

User Info Menu

I have this pedal. It was also my first double pedal and it works great for me. Oh and like said earlier make sure you have a high hat stand with swivel legs or a 2 leg high hat stand or postioning your high hat will be a nightmare.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drumrbychoice View Post
    Sure, It's an excellent pedal. You'll enjoy the response very much...
    Yup. Great pedal.
    A good drummer will sound good on anything(even stock drum heads). A bad drummer will sound bad on anything.

User Info Menu

I've had one for about 8 months now and love it, you can adjust the beater angle, and height.
    Mapex Saturn, Cherry Sparkle, 6 piece Studioese

Black Panther Cherry/Maple

Sabian AA cymbals

User Info Menu

so with a double bass, will it be hard to get the hi-hat and snare to a comfortable spot? It's my first bass and i have all original hi-hat and snare from my mapex kit. Thanks

User Info Menu

hey, this is a new fact to me, so I have some knowledge before using a double pedal as well! Nice! Thanks!
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

While a double pedal can get in the way, it really doesn't affect you that much unless you have your hi hats really close to your snare drum and body. If you have them a few inches away, thats normally enough to put a double pedal in. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow and post it to show you how I have mine set up pretty comfortably, and not interfering with my set up at all.
    Gretsch - Tama - Pearl - Sabian - Zildjian - Stagg - Evans - Vater - Gibraltar

User Info Menu

that would be great if you could get a picture of your double bass setup. Thanks

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Pearl Double Bass Pedal

I Use My Dw 5002 's With A Dw Remote Hi Hat Stand As My Primary....
    I Can Position Da Hats Off My Lefthand Crash Stand In Da "11 O'clock Position And Have Open Floor So My Left "Slave" Bassdrum Pedal Sets Next To Da Hihat Pedal....Foot Sets Half On Each Pedal(Dennis Chambers Taught Me That)...
    Love It !!!!!
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

i got my double bass in the mail today. Its fits in fine with my hi-hats.

User Info Menu

xxKmanxx, I have a pearl double kick and my original Mapex kit. You can fit the double-kick in as long as you are able to do a bit of compromising. Here's my set-up as of now.

See how close the snare stand is to the connecting rod? And you'll have to play with your hi-hat pedal to get it out of the way, but it can work if you have patience. Also make sure that the screws on the pedals are down all the way, you don't want your double kick to drift into your stands, this can cause rubbing.

~Cheers
    If the house is Rocking,
    Don't bother Knocking,
    Just come on In.

My drums are my babies,
    AND I BEAT THEM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Reindeer View Post
    xxKmanxx, I have a pearl double kick and my original Mapex kit. You can fit the double-kick in as long as you are able to do a bit of compromising. Here's my set-up as of now.

See how close the snare stand is to the connecting rod? And you'll have to play with your hi-hat pedal to get it out of the way, but it can work if you have patience. Also make sure that the screws on the pedals are down all the way, you don't want your double kick to drift into your stands, this can cause rubbing.

~Cheers

Dude, a small dog seems to be stuck inside your bass drum.

you'd better get it out quick.

From personal experiences, they do more harm than good.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill