Thread: anyone else ever felt this

User Info Menu

Default anyone else ever felt this

well ill be playing for 3 years this august and well i cant help but think am i not getting anywhere ....i dont really cover songs...cuz sometimes i can be inpatiented with that sorta thing and when i do ...i just play them the way i would like to play them .............and all i really do i just groove ...did you guys ever feel like you were getting anywhere with you drumming....

User Info Menu

Default Re: anyone else ever felt this

You need to be patient and learn songs properly.

User Info Menu

ok cool

User Info Menu

ever think about lessons? they can really challenge you to step up your playing

http://bipolarbarbierocks.com

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    Quit belly aching and just do it...no other way.
    - RIP Frank

User Info Menu

Powerbomb, everyone goes through times where they feel like they're not progressing - whether it's drums, or anything else. When that happens you can start to feel bored with it. Both NR and Quadcam are right. When you challenge yourself to learn a song as it is played by the original artist, you will get tremendous satisfaction in the accomplishment. Is it hard, sure, it can be, but then if it was easy, anyone could do it.
    Lessons can also spark you again, too. Sometimes we get to a plateau, and we don't know what to do to get off of it. That leads to boredom too. Having someone teach you how to get off the plateau with kickstart your interest, because you'll be growing again.

Hang in there Powerbomb. If you've been playing for 3 years, your have the desire, so you just need a little inspiration to get you going again.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

find drummers that you know are awesome. look at their techniques and how they play a song. take vinnie Colaiuta for example. you know he's awesome, now look at all the stuff he does and learn from it. other mentionable to get you going are tomas haake, gadd, weckl, akira jimbo, thomas lang, thomas pridgen and carter beauford. if they dont get you going then i dont know what will
    Paiste Posse

making a snare drum. any advice would be greatly appreciated! pm me if you could help at all.

BRAIN ANEURISM!

User Info Menu

Are you saying you loose your patience trying to physically play a song or remember what to do and when your supposed to do? If it is something physical like an extremely fast fill or a complicated groove just practice it, if it is still to hard then work your way up to it by doing simular but easier things. Another thing, don't beat yourself up over not being able to do something or give up on it by "playing them the way you like," unless you can already do what the original artist did, but you have a "better" version. If your having problems remembering when and what to hit, try to find the original artist's energy.

User Info Menu

Get out of the house, go find some musicians and make some music, isn't that why you started playing?

Go find a blues jam and sit in, run an add and look for people at your level whatever it takes. Just get out and make music. I would be bored out of my mind sitting at home playing by myself.

Get a taste of that and trust me you will NOT be stagnant any longer.
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Here ya go, This ought to keep you busy for a few minutes...
    I only tease ya. Yeah, Covers can get tedious...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC7E22Fme5k"]YouTube - UFO-Rock Bottom (Studio Version)[/ame]
    Q-Would you buy another one if it were stolen?
    A-Well yeah... But, I'd probly turn into a homicidal maniac first!

User Info Menu

Wow I feel like you too dude and what made it worse is my teacher only jammed with me on his guitar when i went over and I only played songs that i rewrote as like a remix now im gonna try original versions.
    You can't change the past but you can always alter the future.

User Info Menu

Got to thinkin'...
    This has alot less distraction.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfNKIsl0ce8"]YouTube - Judas Priest - Painkiller (Drum Track Only)[/ame]

User Info Menu

Here's a tuner upper...
    Whole lotza fun too!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRL_fSE_FZU"]YouTube - Rush - YYZ (Drum Track Only)[/ame]

User Info Menu

ok cool thanx guyz ..ill take you advice

User Info Menu

Join a band.