Thread: Boosting the feel of your e-kit?

User Info Menu

Default Boosting the feel of your e-kit?

Hi. First of all, I want to mention that I have been experiencing internet problems as of late, and I am writing this from an iPod, so if I ask for stuff I should be able to find myself, sorry.
    On to the problem: my training has gone down the drain lately, and I have found my yamaha drxpress lll to be the problem. I live in an apartment, so it's quite a problem. I was wondering what your experiences are with gear. Does such exist? What do you do?
    I'm thinking cover on the pads to make them feel more real. I put on a balnket and it helped, but only little. Do you guys do something similar?
    How about noise protection/accoustic-changing items for a real kit. Are they affordable for a mortal, and where would you buy ones?
    Sorry for the google-able questions. You may leave those, but I am pretty sure I couldn't have my first question answered that way.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Boosting the feel of your e-kit?

Not sure I understand the question mate, why is the DTXpress kit causing you problems exactly? Is the tapping ont he rubber cuasing noise issues for roomies? Or is it becuase the rubber pads have way more rebound and feel completely different ot a real kit that your using with an instructor - sorry the problem exactly isn't clear...

Depending ont he issue your looking at there may be different ways to overcome it. but looking at another ekit that uses mesh heads may be the way to go. it's a more expensive option, but you'll have realistic feel AND less noise
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?