Thread: My drum teacher rox!

User Info Menu

Default My drum teacher rox!

Yes

Well their giving our school system tons of grants, and she got a grant i do believe

Anyhow, the drumkit we use for jazz band right now, is one of our drummers kits, with mixed in things, from him and the school, well my band teacher got a grant, and she wanted a new kit for jazz band

Well i go in today and shes all 10x excited and shows me the screen, with this kit on it, minus the 10 inch tom, same price, then i showed her this kit and now shes going after this one i do believe

She never exactly said, this is our kit, but she said things like "i take care of you guys back there" and "nobodys gonna touch this except on wed mornings, ill have it police lined"

So has anyone used this kit before? Am i in for a treat?

User Info Menu

a pretty good treat i do say. anything from Guitar Center is awesome quality.
    "Music is always an experiment."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 13drummer
    anything from Guitar Center is awesome quality.
    That's actually not true. It has nothing to do with where you bought it. If an instrument is of lower quality it reflects the manufacturer, not the retail store.

User Info Menu

Well, i remember hearing stuff about exports, i dont know if it was good or bad, but that 10 inch splash seems like a great deal, if worse comes to worse, change the heads, cuz weve got the cymbals covered

User Info Menu

The Export is one of the lower grades of Pearl kits. But it is a school, so I can understand why they wouldn't want to go and shell out on a Reference or Masterworks kit, or heck, even a Session like mine.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

yah i know most schools around here use Pearl kits but they are ALWAYS Export because they want good quality such as Pearl but they don't to pay too much because of course in their opinion its just drums. Pearl Exports are pretty much the basic school set.
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn