Thread: Progress and Audio Stuff?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default Progress and Audio Stuff?

I have been learning a bunch of songs that I have on my iPod. I have everything set up in my bedroom. I think I have learned a pretty good range of songs and I sometimes jam with a few friends, two guitarists and a bassist. They are not in order of when I learned them but here are some of the songs to give you an idea of where I'm at:
    Learned Completely
    Metallica-"Enter Sandman"
    Metallica-"Sad But True"
    Metallica-"The Unforgiven"
    Slayer-"Bloodline"
    Slipknot-"Psychosocial"
    White Zombie-"Thunderkiss 65'"
    Guns N' Roses-"Sweet Child O' Mine"
    ACDC-"Highway To Hell"
    ZZ Top-"Gimme All Your Lovin"
    Big & Rich-"Save A Horse"
    Hank Williams Jr.-"Kaw-Liga"

Almost Down
    Metallica-"Creeping Death"
    Metallica-"Seek and Destroy"
    Slipknot-"People=Sh*t" Very Hard, But I'm Determined
    Europe-"Final Countdown"
    Anyways I was wondering if that is good, bad, or awesome for my "level." I have been drumming around 3 months now I think. I'm mostly into Heavy Metal and Classic Rock. I do like some Country but I only like to drum to the stuff that has drum tracks that are fun to drum to, will extend my range, and will give me good experience. It would be great if anyone could recommend some songs to me.

More importantly though, I want to set myself up better and set my friends up good as well. Right now, I have the iPod hooked up to a 2-way splitter. The first plug runs to my stereo and I keep it at a volume lower than my drums. The second plug runs to a headset I wear so I can hear the music better as I play, but with the volume kept so I can hear my drums and the music on my iPod. I was hoping someone could recommend some stuff based on what I want to get:
    1.One Nice headset for myself (no more than $40, unless it has more than one headset in a pack)
    2.One Splitter with at least 5 female outputs
    3.One Male/Male Cord that is at least 8 ft long
    4.Two Male/Female Cords that are at least 8 ft long

Another thing I'm wanting is some hearing protection for playing without music from my iPod. Right now I have stuff made for firearm shooting, some ear plugs and a gunmuffler headset. I don't like to "pass around" things that you stick in your ears, it's kind of nasty. Anybody have any recommendations on ear protection products that won't muffle most of the sounds out and can be "passed around."
    Last edited by Owens; 07-07-2009 at 03:27 PM.