Thread: Drum circle inspired by gonefishin

User Info Menu

Default Drum circle inspired by gonefishin

I was inspired by gonefishin's post on the drum circle he attended and thought I would post one on cgslst, Much to my suprise and pleasure I Have had great success with reply's and it looks like this could be a growing thing. I will keep you posted and post so vids when it all goes down not to mention all the boasting I will be doing about this site. F/T

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum circle inspired by gonefishin

Way cool.........is it looking like a big turn-out ? Where you planning on having it , public park ?

The one I went to watch was my first , I wouldnt mind going again but next time I will get there early so I can see and hear what I missed last time .

If I wasnt a thousand miles away , Id stop by and check out the one youre gonna have .
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Yes a park was the first suggestion and it has been stated that they were like minded on trying to get a drum circle going. There's a festival in detroit lakes MN called 10K and I have a cabin on the lake it is at(about 40 min east of fargo) and all night long you can hear the hippy's beating the drums, even during concert pauses they get a big circle going. A fella from DL has responded to my post and lives 1/2 mile from the cabin and is excited to get together everytime I am down there and says he hopes to make a few of the fargo circles. I am excited! F/T

User Info Menu

Well I am up to about 6 people in town that are dedicated to making this thing a regular occasion, I hope to have the first one in a few weeks and we have discussed a place indoors for the cold seasons. With a little time this thing should really grow. AWESOME! F/T

User Info Menu

It looks like we will be getting together in a few days for the first circle and everyones excited. I am hoping to tape it so I can post some video here. I can't wait to get this thing on it's feet! F/T

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fumbled time View Post
    It looks like we will be getting together in a few days for the first circle and everyones excited. I am hoping to tape it so I can post some video here. I can't wait to get this thing on it's feet! F/T
    I look forward to the video fumbled time.
    I have advertised for hand drummers to meet in our area several times with no success. Of course I need to mention there is no more than 5000 people in our town and only 45,000 in the entire County.
    Patience I guess.
    LP Matador Quinto and Conga w/stands and matching Matador Bongos.

"Middle age is when you still believe you'll feel better in the morning."