Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you keep all your stuff around your kit organized?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default How do you keep all your stuff around your kit organized?

I cant seem to keep all my sticks, earplugs(thats a bad one), cowbells (yeah i know) and other things like that with my kit. Hwo do you guys organize your stuff so it dosent get lost and you arnt frantically looking for it when you need it?

User Info Menu

Default Re: How do you keep all your stuff around your kit organized?

I don't!! I have a couple baskets, maybe 5 or 6.... for the sticks and some of the extra stuff I don't really need unless it's for latin stuff. I'm talking about my LP windchimes. Yes, I have a set. Got them for christmas. it just occurred to me that a good amount of the things I have were from the same christmas... my splash cymbal and its hardware, my pro mark sticks, my chimes, and I think another cymbal stand for some reason...
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

Haha, your joking. You walk in my room and your gonna find yourself with a sore back and sticks where sticks shouldn't be.

User Info Menu

I have way too many sticks. I have sticks I haven't even bought and I have somehow ended up with them.. and if you look at the pictures of my set, or maybe on my avatar, you'll see the baskets on the left side of the set. I'm really not joking.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC

User Info Menu

The easiest way to keep yourself organised is to buy a good sized stick bag, keep, the required tuning keys and bits and pieces in a the fornt pocket (they usually have one) and obvisouly sticks int he bag itself. If your a hoarder - throw away sticks you have broken and dont' need/use anymore. simple
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger View Post
    The easiest way to keep yourself organised is to buy a good sized stick bag, keep, the required tuning keys and bits and pieces in a the fornt pocket (they usually have one) and obvisouly sticks int he bag itself. If your a hoarder - throw away sticks you have broken and dont' need/use anymore. simple
    funny thing is... I have a stick bag! 2 in fact! I just never use it, because I don't know where to put it.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by concrete Building View Post
    funny thing is... I have a stick bag! 2 in fact! I just never use it, because I don't know where to put it.
    Hang it on your floor tom.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    woahhhh. thats a good idea.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    You know what? I'm gonna try that right now! I just hope the tom doesn't fall!
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by concrete Building View Post
    You know what? I'm gonna try that right now! I just hope the tom doesn't fall!
    Your floor tom shouldn't fall over if you put your stick bag on it, unless the legs are set up at weird angles and aren't equally spaced apart. If they are equally spaced apart from 1 another, you'll have no problem with that.
    Gretsch - Tama - Pearl - Sabian - Zildjian - Stagg - Evans - Vater - Gibraltar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger View Post
    throw away sticks you have broken and dont' need/use anymore. simple
    Can't you use then for firer starters, maybe in the winter when it’s cold.

As for keeping organized, I too have a basket with all my extra junk in it, and a small plastic box with wing nuts, felts, washes and other nuts and bolts, I believe if you need it, it should be on your kit at all times, tuning key, cow bell, and yes sticks, the bag is a useful thing. I also have various universal clamps on my rack set to hold miscellaneous items, metronome, sticks, and so on.

KM
    http://www.myspace.com/thebanters

I'm still the best Keith Moon type drummer in the world
    My friends call me Keith, but you can call me John.
    - Keith Moon-

User Info Menu

I have a shelf behind my kit that I keep everything on. I need to get a bag though, its a pain getting up and walking around the kit to get another stick or key.
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

PearlDrummer18 Guest

I do the same as defcon235. I picked this shelf up at Wal-Mart for around 30 bucks and so far it gets the job done. Normally my CD's isn't scatterd everywhere. i just got done playing right before i came here and i just haven't cleaned up yet.

User Info Menu

hmm. yeah mines in the basement surrounded by other stuff. grr. thats a pretty good idea though.

User Info Menu

all my stuff is just everywhere lol i regularly lose things :P, i should probably organise it all sometime ... but i reli dont have the time
    www.youtube.com/dannyatcranny

PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

User Info Menu

It all ends up on the floor. I just look around for what i need.

At band practice there are sevral beer cans mixed in as well hahaha
    Our weapons were our instruments
    Made from timber and steel
    We never yielded to conformity
    But stood like kings
    In a chariot that's riding on a
    Record wheel

User Info Menu

I have a little box behind my kit where the stuff are. My isolation headphones are found usually on the floor near the kit
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

on my low tuned floor tom i know its bad but i got a hu ge stack of sheet music on it and my manuscript book for beats ive written but i know those and the sheet music ones by heart now should i get rid of the sheet music or keep it for refrence ? i am keeping my manuscript though
    PEARL MASTERS MCX in Bronze Glass
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9
    Camilo:''your guitarrist is awesome',Xweasel: ''yeah he's asian''

User Info Menu

Well, I have a stick bag that I lean on my bass drum, but that's full of percussion ensemble stuff I use (Mallets for marimba and concert sticks...) but I also have one of those little bags you put on marchings snares/tenors on my 14" tom with brushes and extra sticks in it. You can also use those little bags that hold drum keys on a snare, or tom. That's my "just in case I lose all my other keys" key...
    My Set:
    5 Piece PDP FS series
    Joey Jordison Signature Snare
    Sabian B8 14", 18" Thin Crashes
    Sabian B8 16" Thin Crash Dented Edition
    Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hi-Hats
    Sabian B8 20" Ride
    Paiste Innovative 20" Heavy Ride
    Jhmeg2 Über Ride 20" Special Edition

User Info Menu

I have a stick bag I put on my floor tom. I also have tambourines lying on the ground, a middle eastern hand drum nearby, and a shelf with random percussion implements. All my various percussion implements are not organized at all. My cases are all stacked up against the wall in a chaotic fashion. I have a key on my snare at all times, and I have a spare key which I can never seem to find when I need it, only when I don't need it. My cowbell is set up on my set 100% of the time.

Needs More Cowbell.

User Info Menu

I very rarely even set up a kit at home....when the drums are home they're in cases, and so is the hardware. So since I'm playing out 3-5 times a week, everything HAS TO have its proper place.

Just get in the habit of putting every single item in exactly the same place every time you put it away, and there are no surprises.

When I set up, the kit is set up the same way every single time too, so that it becomes habit. Extra sticks are always in the stick bag, drum keys, whatever, and I also carry two small bags that contain my IEMs, drum mics, clips, cords....but every item is always put away in the same place. On the kit, I usually have one spare set of sticks in a holder on my hi hat stand, drum key in my pocket, maybe mallets or brushes in the stick holder if I'm planning on using them. I used to put the stick bag open hanging from my floor tom, but the location of the holder I use now keeps them very convenient if I drop a stick - and I do once in awhile.

Once I'm setup, everything I need is within easy reach. I even bought a beverage holder from Drum Bum that attaches to a stand.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

like Norske my gear is on cases at home, with the exception on my Roland kit. I use a stick bag and I simply put any percussion on the floor next to it.
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Well I found an extra cymbal boom and a boom stand near the ride, so I put the bag on that.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC

User Info Menu

stick in my stick bang and all smaller equipment in my school bag =] that way its always there when i need it =]
    6pc Mapex M Birch
    -14, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    - Evans EC2
    - BP maple cherry 13x6 snare
    -DW 9000 single
    -LP black beauty cowbell

Cymbals
    --Paiste PST5 & Sabian XS20 Wuhan and Avedis Zildjians (mastersound 13s and paper thin crash and medium ride)

Larrysperf Guest

Sticks in stick bag and all extra stuff is in cases. Also all little extra parts are kept in parts box you get from Wal Mart or Home depot