Thread: Istanbul Empire Hats

User Info Menu

Talking Istanbul Empire Hats

I've unintentionally purchased a pair years ago (I was supposed to end up with Vezirs...but the seller packed a pair in the parcel by mistake.)

But you know what? These cymbals have grown on me...and I'm pretty happy with them now.

My view: Dry and Cutting

How about you? I'm interested to hear your Empire Story (even if you don't own one!)

Last edited by l_e_i_g_h; 07-10-2009 at 08:31 PM.

User Info Menu

Default 13" Istanbul Agop Empire Hats

Some Pics and Soundfiles!

[15 October Update and Edit: The original links I had put up when I posted were on multiply --- and since multiply no longer exists, I'll be putting up new ones on YouTube --- send me a note, and I'll send you the link of the video once it is.]

Some snaps from my flickr page:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/l_e_i_g...7602054518353/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/l_e_i_g...7602054518353/

Last edited by l_e_i_g_h; 10-15-2014 at 01:41 AM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Istanbul Empire Hats

very cool pictures, and sound clips. your a good musician! those hats look amazing, like something custom made. they do sound very cutting as 13" hats should. Istanbul makes very good products, i have never heard any that i didn't like. thanks for posting!!

User Info Menu

Default Listening Time

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for taking the time to listen to those sound clips! I appreciate the kind words.

- Leigh

P.S.

(Just to spare anyone thinking of buying a pair...a slight surprise. I would like to mention the bottom bits of each of the hats are unlathed...so...not that stunning compared to the top -- I'll try to dig through my archives to find pictures.)

Quote Originally Posted by DamageDrummer View Post
    very cool pictures, and sound clips. your a good musician! those hats look amazing, like something custom made. they do sound very cutting as 13" hats should. Istanbul makes very good products, i have never heard any that i didn't like. thanks for posting!!