Thread: Ginger Baker wears a cape haha

User Info Menu

Default Ginger Baker wears a cape haha

I don't know if this is the right area for this. Just wanted to post this video. It's amusing, Ginger's cape, Eric's hair. Also, a sweet song!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0DhVYuoMM4"]YouTube - 05. Strange Brew.wmv[/ame]
    Led Zeppelin Junkie

Sonor Force 3005 24x18 Bass (Aquarian SK1)
    Yamaha Stage Custom:
    -22x18 Bass (Remo)
    -14x5 Snare (Remo Coated Emperor)
    -10x7.5, 12x8.5, 16x16 Toms (Remo Coated Emperor)
    Sabian 16" Light & Medium Crash, 20" Medium Ride, 10" Splash, Double 14" Hi-Hats & Hi-Hat Tambourine
    Pearl Elite Cha-Cha Cowbell
    Yamaha & Pearl Bass Pedals (until got $ for two DW9000's...)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ginger Baker wears a cape haha

one word...

Delicious.

User Info Menu

Classy. He looks like a bit of a mad scientist.

Larrysperf Guest

Ah the days when music had meaning. You have to love it

User Info Menu

Ah yes for sure. What I wouldn't give to have grown up in that era. My guitar player says he'll do the hair if I do the cape. lmao...shall be interesting to say the least! hahaha
    Led Zeppelin Junkie

Yamaha Stage Custom:
    -22x18 Bass (Remo)
    Sabian 16" Light & Medium Crash, 20" Medium Ride, 10" Splash, Double 14" Hi-Hats & Hi-Hat Tambourine

User Info Menu

I used to love watching these old Black and White TV shows when I was a 15 y.o. kid....Ed Sullivan, Dave Clark's American Bandstand, Soul Train....and you would always see that the drummer didn't QUITE hit the drums/hi-hat and that indeed, it was faked.

Here I was, sitting in front of the TV watching this same exact show, with a pair of sticks beating on my school book dreaming of the day I'd get my first LUDWIG kit absently doing the perfect drum beats to 'Strange Brew' from the album and watching Ginger...... missing all the rolls.....! :^(

"WAIT a bloody minute!~!" I says to meself...."He's not even hitting his blinkin' drums....his rolls are WAY off!... Why...He's bloomin' FAKING it!!!!"

And indeed he is! Watch closely as Ginger does his signature rolls....OOOPS! Missed one...and another...ok...uh...missed that one too....ok....he's NOT QUITE hitting that hihat or drum is he?

'Course not!

Blimey!

Cape DOES look cool though!

LOL!

Faking it.

Almost like watching a 60's 70's WWII flick where the German tanks/trucks/planes were really American tanks/trucks/planes with German crosses and swastika's painted on 'em!

Even Spielberg's "Saving Private Ryan" had fake German Tiger tanks. Semi realistic look-alike Tiger tank turret mounted on Russian T-34 tank chassis. The wheel/track assembly were a dead give-away!

BUSTED!

ARghhhhh!

Anything by Eric and crew came in a weak second to my all time fav. Jimi Hendrix and Mitch Mitchell.

My first Cream album witch I still have on vinyl is Disraeli Gears.

The second album by Cream. 1967. "Strange Brew" and "Sunshine of Your Love" are on it.

"The title of the album was taken from an inside joke. Eric Clapton had been thinking of buying a racing bicycle and was discussing it with Ginger Baker, when a roadie named Mick Turner commented, "it's got them Disraeli Gears", meaning to say "derailleur gears", but instead alluding to 19th Century British Prime Minister, Benjamin Disraeli. The band thought this was hilarious, and decided that it should be the title of their next album. Had it not been for Mick, the album would simply have been entitled Cream."

Last edited by Destroyer; 07-14-2009 at 02:09 AM.

User Info Menu

Interesting bit of info there. Ya, Baker and Mitchell are real close on my list, but for me anything is a far second to Bonham. I wouldn't mind having a copy of Disraeli Gears on Vinyl though. Or, any Cream for that matter. Wonder how hard it is to come by.
    Led Zeppelin Junkie

Yamaha Stage Custom:
    -22x18 Bass (Remo)

User Info Menu

The golden era of big loud rock drumming... with some soul and swing mixed in. Then came the electronics... and well...
    Scott G
    Follow me on twitter
    My discography sample
    Strange Americans

Gear:
    Brady
    Gretsch
    Ludwig
    Paiste
    Bosphorus