Thread: Stagg Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Stagg Cymbals

Ive been looking at there website, but they dont give much info about there cymbals. I figured out that ther have single hammered (the SH line) and double hammered (the DH line). Anyone else know anything about stagg cymbals? The Furia line? Classic? Myra?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Stagg Cymbals

sorry i have no idea however i think it was the chazbo that had some stagg cymbals. could be mistaken tho.
    www.youtube.com/dannyatcranny

PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

User Info Menu

DantheDrummer was right...it's me that has the Stagg Cymbals Unfortunately I can't provide you with any other information apart from with the DH line, as that's the only line I use. Even then it's pretty difficult to pin them down. Stagg do so many varieties in their cymbals...for example, they do a 16" DH Medium Thin Crash and a 16" DH Medium Thin Exo Crash...the difference? I don't know. But even with all the different cymbals in the one line, you can't describe they're sounds overal. They all sound different as they are handmade - the way I choose my cymbals is by going round every one the store has and choosing carefully. I think I am right in saying though that they use the same alloy as Zildjian in some of their cymbals. If you need any more help with them, feel free to message me
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

User Info Menu

thanks, ive just looking around, about to replace my awesome collection of b8's. I would like get a different brand just to be different. I"m just trying to compare them to the sabian line, with what ive heard from the internet, would you also agree chazbo that the DH are kindof like the HH series of sabian just not quite as good? or is each cymbal that much different from mass produced cymbals?

User Info Menu

sorry, i just found a thread about this and dream cymbals(which i was going to make a thread about in about 5 minutes) a few pages back, so thanks and sorry for the same thread so close together
    Last edited by aaronbeckort; 07-16-2009 at 09:46 AM. Reason: once again, poor typing

User Info Menu

If im honest, I can't really compare them to Sabian HH's as I haven't had any experience with them. But one 16" crash can sound totally different from another one, as they are all hand hammered and prouce different sounds.
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aaronbeckort View Post
    thanks, ive just looking around, about to replace my awesome collection of b8's. I would like get a different brand just to be different. I"m just trying to compare them to the sabian line, with what ive heard from the internet, would you also agree chazbo that the DH are kindof like the HH series of sabian just not quite as good? or is each cymbal that much different from mass produced cymbals?
    Hey im looking for sabian B8 cymbals..
    Ill message you..... :L
    www.youtube.com/dannyatcranny

PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

User Info Menu

I have just bought some to compliment my Sabian range and I am really delighted with them.

Most are effect cymbals, but I have one lovely crash as well.

I have the following:

Stagg Black Metal Bell Cymbal, Medium 6"
    Stagg Black Metal Bell Cymbal, Medium 7"
    Stagg Furia Brilliant Medium Splash 8"
    Stagg DH Brilliant China 12"
    Stagg DH Brilliant Medium Crash 15"

Happy to answer any questions.
    PROUD TO BE ENDORSED BY DUALLIST PEDALS
    Drums: Phil Collins Pearl DLX | Pink Floyd DW Exotic Bird's Eye | Natal Bubinga Custom Fusion | Cymbals: DIRIL & UFIPeDrums: 2Box DrumIt 5
    BACK BEATING DRUMMING BLOG ||| PINK FLOYD DW KIT ||| PHIL COLLINS PEARL KIT
    www.graham-collins.com/drummer ||| www.pinkfloyddrums.com ||| PHIL COLLINS PEARL KIT

User Info Menu

Cuban, I have the same crash as you just bought, and I know they won't sound alike, but I think it's a truly awesome crash. I use it as the left cornerstone on my kit, and a Stagg DH Brilliant Medium 16" Crash on the right. Awesome

User Info Menu

Stagg is popular in my country...
    A lot of drummer here use STAGG....

I own the CHINA from DH line...
    Yes it is good...
    I alos have played with Furia Crash, Myra crash...

I like the Myra Crash...
    cool finish and bright sounds...
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Chazbo View Post
    Cuban, I have the same crash as you just bought, and I know they won't sound alike, but I think it's a truly awesome crash.
    I agree, I really rate all my Stagg cymbals which tone wise, really sit nicely with the Sabians I have - amazing given the prices!

The ones I went for I did a lot of research on before trying, something I;d always recommend.
    PROUD TO BE ENDORSED BY DUALLIST PEDALS
    Drums: Phil Collins Pearl DLX | Pink Floyd DW Exotic Bird's Eye | Natal Bubinga Custom Fusion | Cymbals: DIRIL & UFIPeDrums: 2Box DrumIt 5
    BACK BEATING DRUMMING BLOG ||| PINK FLOYD DW KIT ||| PHIL COLLINS PEARL KIT
    www.graham-collins.com/drummer ||| www.pinkfloyddrums.com ||| PHIL COLLINS PEARL KIT