Thread: Can someone recommend me a video camera to record with?

User Info Menu

Default Can someone recommend me a video camera to record with?

Hey everyone,

I want to start making drum videos, but the only cameras I have are digital cameras with video features on them. The sound is alright, but I can't hear my bass drum well and to get high quality video it only gives me a max of like 1 minute and 50 seconds. Are there any reasonably priced video cameras/camcorders out there that record drums decently?

Any help is appreciated, thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Can someone recommend me a video camera to record with?

I have a samsung L100 it was cheap and has a lot of great features. I would recommend a samsung digital camera that fits ur budget and works well for you.

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Grimz! I would say that a good, moderately priced video camera (I have a Sony Handyman) would do the trick, but you have to factor in the acoustics of the room, and the placement of the camera. Every room will sound different to the mic on the camera, so you will have to experiment with placement of the camera, and maybe even position of the kit, to get the best sound. It will never be as good as having your kit mic'ed, but you can still get a decent sound.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Try the Flip. Not sure about the sound, but I have one to record the family events and it is a great little product.

$200 for 8GB of hand held, digital, high-def recording. It is essentially what you want from your digital camera, but will never get. It's USB interface plugs right into your computer for instant upload.

It's the video camera equivalent of the iPod. i.e., the hottest item in it's class

Can you tell I like this thing???
    Scott G
    Follow me on twitter
    My discography sample
    Strange Americans

Gear:
    Brady
    Gretsch
    Ludwig
    Paiste
    Bosphorus