Thread: Shekere

User Info Menu

Default Shekere

Made my first shekere last weekend. Its not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I'm working on getting a few more gourds so I can make a couple more of them.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Shekere

Darn corporate filters ......my company wont let me view the pics , I'll check them out when I get home .
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Man, I'm impressed. That's real nice!

User Info Menu

That's your first! Man....sure looks professionally made to me! It's beautiful
    Gretschhead, good job!

User Info Menu

That looks great bro!!!..1st? damn, I'ld have a pile of nothing if I tried that.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm working on getting a few more gourds of different shapes and sizes to make a couple more. I'm going to try a thinner sting next time, should make my knots a little cleaner.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Shekere

Lookin' good, Gretschhead! Might have a business growin' there!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    Lookin' good, Gretschhead! Might have a business growin' there!
    I'm actually in the process of starting an online biz selling handmade hippie crap ie: handmade clothing and bags, tie dyes, handmade jewelery, festival gear, etc. If you don't know I'm a much bigger Deadhead than I am a Gretschhead . Anyways, I plan to have a section on the site for drum circle gear, in which I will have handmade shekeres and shakers, handmade djembe bags, and possibly cajons. The shekeres will be intended for hippies to play with in festival drum circles, and less geared towards the professional percussionists. I'm trying to get the feel for it and get a few of the trial and error ones out of the way before I begin selling them. The biz is still in the planning stage, so it will be a while before anything happens anyways.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Shekere

Nothing wrong with that, man...I think that's why you're drawn in to all those congas and bongos (just commented on that Gon Bops conga you've just scored!) ... and while I'm a fairly "square" dude on the surface, I have a bit of a renegade streak when it comes to hand drums...I'd look pretty darn silly in tie-dye shirts, but jeans are another story!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    Nothing wrong with that, man...I think that's why you're drawn in to all those congas and bongos (just commented on that Gon Bops conga you've just scored!) ... and while I'm a fairly "square" dude on the surface, I have a bit of a renegade streak when it comes to hand drums...I'd look pretty darn silly in tie-dye shirts, but jeans are another story!
    I can totally picture you in a tie dye Bro .

I've got 5 gourds on their way to my house, I'll be starting on some new shekeres soon .

User Info Menu

actually BB I would like to see you in a tie die shirt, maybe some beads to go with it.