Thread: OnuS

User Info Menu

Default OnuS

I'm the drummer for a Rock band called OnuS. Like some of you, I'm what you call a born-again-drummer (not in a religious sense). I took a long hiatus from drums for about 10 yrs (to finish college and start a family). I started back about 8 yrs ago, and very happy I came back to it. OnuS is a Rock band that I always wanted to have. We all have our day jobs and families, so we do this part time. We're actually getting ready to debut our first CD. The process of writing and developing your own songs in the studio is so much more fulfilling IMHO than playing covers (which I did before my hiatus).

I think being on this Forum is great. There is so much information here. I hope to contribute as well, when I can.

User Info Menu

Default Re: OnuS

Welcome back to drumming, and welcome to DC!! You are right this place is great. And I agree, being in an original band is a lot more fun...gives you the freedom to be creative!
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Welcome to our drum family Neo! Kick off your shoes and stay awhile.

User Info Menu

Thank you, I'm glad to be here ! These forums are great...very informative. Its good to be able to talk to drummers with various styles and experiences. I wish there were something like this back in the 80s when I was out giggin' fulltime. I probably would have been a better drummer today !

User Info Menu

LOL, to rite mate! Iagree if I had all this help years ago I would be much more educated. Welcome to the forum

User Info Menu

nio.......welcome to the board .I was checking out your band and sounds like you guys are tearing up the Atlanta area radio waves .

I listened to 3 of your songs ,American Chameleon and 2 others and thought they sounded pretty darn good . Keep doing what you guys are are doing and best of luck with the band .
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Thanks Gone, we just finished our first CD. We're now working through the business aspect of selling the band. Rock on !

User Info Menu

This is from our last gig at Swee****er in Duluth, GA...

First gig using the Gretsch Catalina Rock set....