Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What did you do with your drums today?

User Info Menu

Default Re: What did you do with your drums today?

Had our first rehearsal for a gig on the 27th of this month, and took my new A Customs for a spin. Man they sounded good! Even the ride that I was a little suspect of sounded incredible in a live band mix. Now it'll be 2 rehearsals a week with these guys until the 27th, and one a week with another group. I guess I'm about to find out if I'm too old for this

User Info Menu

took my gig kit apart, used never dull on all the chrome and waxed the shells. new heads and ready to gig.
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rmandelbaum View Post
    took my gig kit apart, used never dull on all the chrome and waxed the shells. new heads and ready to gig.
    What kind of wax do you use? What finish do your shells have? Thanks.

User Info Menu

Put together the TAMA hardware pack I received incorporated them with my Starclassics.

Unpacked my new A Custom Zildjians and am putting them with my Starclassics, too. I just need one more stand. Should be here tomorrow.

I also had band rehearsal tonight but use the guitarist kit he has at his house.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I enjoyed another edition of "We Make Noise Wednesday", which consists of myself, a guitarist, chicken and bacon pizza, cold drinks, and loud rock jamming. This is a weekly tradition, similar to other peoples' poker nights or Sunday football parties. We don't usually record and aren't looking to play out, so it's very gratifying to just musically bounce off one another without the stress of getting a part correct.

I also have a new rug.

A simple, elegant design is good engineering.

Axis | Ayotte | Evans | Gibraltar | Ludwig | Pro-Mark | Remo | Roc-N-Soc | SKB | Taye | Vic Firth | Whitney| Yamaha | Zildjian

User Info Menu

Thats a real sharp looking kit there Mr B.

Me, I just played them a bit. I've made a fair few cymbal purchases recently so I've been really enjoying playing lately.
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

Did nothing with my drums yesterday but I did go over to my instructors place (not really for a lesson but just to shoot the breeze and jam a bit). He played some of his new tracks for me and we both jammed to nothing in particular for about 15 minutes while he recorded (he has two kits setup). That was SO much fun. A bit later, before I left, he threw in a Led Zep album and we played along to a few songs, me laying down the basic beat and him spicing it up. Again, that was some good fun.
    PDP 5 piece - 12/13/16/14/22
    16" Sabian AA Medium Thin Crash
    14" No-Name Hats
    21" TRX LTD Crash/Ride
    19" Zildjian A Custom Projection Crash