Thread: Recording Gear

User Info Menu

Default Recording Gear

I'm going to go into the studio in a few weeks for my band Drachen. We are a power metal band. I'm looking for a very massive sound. I already know that I'm going to use an Remo Controlled Sound on my snare with an Evans Hazy 300 snare side and I'm using an Evans GMAD batter for my bass with an EMAD reso. I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice as to what tom heads I should use. I was thinking of using Remo Emperor X's. Not sure though. Also I haven't decided what reso head to use with my toms. Any advice you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. My toms are really deep and have lots of reverb.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Recording Gear

Just did a little research. Thinking about the Evans G Plus batter heads with Genera reso heads for my toms. Any comments?

User Info Menu

I prefer the G2's for my deep rack toms. And I tune fairly low and they sound huge.

User Info Menu

what kit is it?

does the studio have a kit ?.....they usually do

User Info Menu

Talking Re: Recording Gear

i use aquarian heads currently on mine. they sound amazing. i have mine tuned pretty low and they have a good presence. a good comparison to what they sound like would he green day's holiday. given that song is professionally recorded and mixed, it still has the closest sound i could find. may be too deep for some people but i am really satisfied with them!
    Practice doesn't make Perfect, Practice makes Permanent!

User Info Menu

In the studio I always think you should use coated Ambos.