Sorry for having 2 of the same topics, but I don't know what happened. I went to edit it and got an invalid thread error. Was until I edited it. Weird.

Backstory: I have a DTXpress III that I got off Craigslist. The bass pedal is not Yamaha, but the bass tower pad thing is. On top of that, the metal part of the bass tower where the pedal would lock on is broken (Like, cracked and torn like paper), so I bolted them both together. Works pretty well, but it's loud as hell. Not so much the impact, but the pedal itself.
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1132/basspedal.jpg
^ Picture of bass. Not embedding due to it being a large image.

Now, I have an extra hi-hat pedal, so I figure I can somehow make it register as a bass hit. For my purposes, I don't want the pedal to just make the bass sound, I want the brain to actually register it as if it were hitting the actual bass pad. Plugging the bass cord directly to the hi-hat pedal doesn't do anything, and I don't especially know how to open stuff up to mod it. Can someone help me out as to how to achieve this? Whoever helps will get a thumbsup.

Edit: Unrelated question. Is it possible to repair an unresponsive pad? My cymbal only works when it wants to.