Thread: Setting up a double bass pedal?

User Info Menu

Default Setting up a double bass pedal?

Just got a new double bass drum pedal, theres so many switches and screws on it that i don't know where to start!

CAn anyone direct me to some tips on setting it up?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Setting up a double bass pedal?

Try it the way it is, You might like the factory settings.

User Info Menu

Try factory settings then read the manual. After you get an idea of how it works you can mess with it and find the setting you like
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Yes, try the factory settings. Unfortunately my double pedal didn't come with a manual, so I had to look up on YouTube how to adjust it and all that stuff.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yohin View Post
    Yes, try the factory settings. Unfortunately my double pedal didn't come with a manual, so I had to look up on YouTube how to adjust it and all that stuff.
    I was thinking the same thing...I don't remember seeing a manual w/any of my IC's

User Info Menu

Yeah I didn't get a manual and the "factory settings" were all over the place. I am messing around with it but whenever I find a setting I like I always think hmmm... there's probably an even better setting I can get with all these complicated knobs!

its a real cheap pedal i think its called the millenium pro duo or something. It works well for 99 bucks!

User Info Menu

1.Make sure the cams are lined up as close as possible, this is the most frustrating part and might make you want to just go buy another bass drum, but once you get them lined up the rest is easy.
    2.Get the beaters in or near the middle of the Bass.
    3.Get the springs just tight enough to make the beaters loosely responsive, make sure they are the same tension by pressing each pedal in the same place. Once it seems right play them to make sure they are equal tension.
    4.Get the feel of them and try different foot positions of the pedal. Gradually raise the spring tension and find what works for you.
    5.Re-adjust your beaters for speed, power, or make a compromise.

Hope that helps, but remember to start slow with it and gradually work your way up. If one foot is not as good as the other, then put the bad foot on the pedal and start slow and speed up as fast as you steadily can. Now that your working two pedals thrown height will make a big difference, so experiment.

User Info Menu

i put it in place and then messed around with it until i found the setting i liked it in. lol
    It took me like half an hour
    www.youtube.com/dannyatcranny

PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

User Info Menu

I just stared at it for a while, then I realized I needed a drum key.

Found out after that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zzzdanz View Post
    I was thinking the same thing...I don't remember seeing a manual w/any of my IC's
    whoa really? My IC's came with a multilingual manual! Very convenient on my part as I started out
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Owens View Post
    1.Make sure the cams are lined up as close as possible, this is the most frustrating part and might make you want to just go buy another bass drum, but once you get them lined up the rest is easy.
    2.Get the beaters in or near the middle of the Bass.
    3.Get the springs just tight enough to make the beaters loosely responsive, make sure they are the same tension by pressing each pedal in the same place. Once it seems right play them to make sure they are equal tension.
    4.Get the feel of them and try different foot positions of the pedal. Gradually raise the spring tension and find what works for you.
    5.Re-adjust your beaters for speed, power, or make a compromise.
    agreed+1 couldent have said it better myself.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DamageDrummer View Post
    agreed+1 couldent have said it better myself.
    Really? I forgot step #6, the most important of all.
    6.Buy another bass drum, sell the double pedal unless it can convert to two singles. haha

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mexicancounciloffood View Post
    Yeah I didn't get a manual and the "factory settings" were all over the place. I am messing around with it but whenever I find a setting I like I always think hmmm... there's probably an even better setting I can get with all these complicated knobs!

its a real cheap pedal i think its called the millenium pro duo or something. It works well for 99 bucks!
    Haha mine didn't come with a manual either.

But yes, as many of the posters here have said, try factory settings