Thread: Pearl Sensitone

User Info Menu

Talking Pearl Sensitone

Hi.Im new here and I have a snaredrum question.I have a 6.5x14 brass,10 lug Pearl Sensitone with tube lugs,die cast hoops(the kind with no lug holes)and die cast clips,which hold the hoops down.The serial number is 7778.Can anybody tell me how old it is and possibly how much its worth?Thanks in advance,and by the way Im from Newfoundland,Canada.Is there any other Newfies on here?Looking forward to chatting with the community.Take her easy!!!!

User Info Menu

well i cant really help you one your question but im Canada

not a newfie but i do think there is another newfie here somewhere, tis too small a forum to have many

Im about an hour south of toronto eh
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

great drum you got there, very versitle. the sensitone is one of the best snares you can buy for under 300 bucks. it could be any where from current to about 10 years old. thats about how long they have been making that model.

User Info Menu

one way to tell would be to check the throw off, if you can show a pic of it i could maybe narrow it down to within a few years.

User Info Menu

Hi.The strainer is the SR-017 model.I did some digging and I think the snare was made in 1997,give or take a year or two.Thanks for the help,and yeah,she is a pretty versatile snare,very tunable for whatever sound youre after.