Thread: Meinl One Of A Kind 20" Ride

User Info Menu

Default Meinl One Of A Kind 20" Ride

So it's my Birthday today I went out a couple of hours ago to my local drum store, armed with my birthday money, in search of a ride cymbal to replace my old Orion Twister beginner level ride. I spent absolutely ages in there trying out every ride I laid my eyes on, then I narrowed it down to three cymbals - Sabian Hand Hammered 20" Dry Ride, Paiste Signature 22" and a Meinl One Of A Kind 20".

The Sabian was a lovely sounding cymbal, but it was very dark and a kind of "one way" cymbal, whereas the Paiste and the Meinl are very versatile, so in the end I was torn between the last two. After switching them around and playing them over and over again, I still couldn't decide, so the shop owner took over and played with the two cymbals while I stood back and listened from a different perspective. That's how I made up my mind - a combination of playing the cymbals myself, then listening from a different perspective really work, and I got the second hand Meinl One Of A Kind for only £139, bearing in mind the cymbal was originally worth £270 and it's in fantastic condition.

So yeah, I'm really pleased with my find...here are a few pics to show you guys!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Meinl One Of A Kind 20" Ride

awesome
    PEARL MASTERS MCX in Bronze Glass
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9
    Camilo:''your guitarrist is awesome',Xweasel: ''yeah he's asian''

User Info Menu

Congrats on the purchase!
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

And you did it the right way, too!
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Awesome! Congrats on the purchase, and we have the same birthday!
    Matt

User Info Menu

Happy birthday - you sure are having a good day!
    PROUD TO BE ENDORSED BY DUALLIST PEDALS
    Drums: Phil Collins Pearl DLX | Pink Floyd DW Exotic Bird's Eye | Natal Bubinga Custom Fusion | Cymbals: DIRIL & UFIPeDrums: 2Box DrumIt 5
    BACK BEATING DRUMMING BLOG ||| PINK FLOYD DW KIT ||| PHIL COLLINS PEARL KIT
    www.graham-collins.com/drummer ||| www.pinkfloyddrums.com ||| PHIL COLLINS PEARL KIT

User Info Menu

happy birthday to both!!! nice purchase dude!!!!

User Info Menu

Thanks again guys, and I'm really happy with my new buy. It's amazing how buying a new ride has opened my eyes a bit to more playing styles, even in the half day that I've been playing with it.
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

User Info Menu

Happy birthday, Chazbo! Gratz on the new ride, sounds awesome.

Is it really "one of a kind" like the name suggests, I'm just wondering? Or are there some pretty much just like it?

User Info Menu

Well, I can't really find much information on Meinl One Of A Kind cymbals, but from what I have got, they are Meinls top range, and produced under their Custom Shop section, so that would say to me that it is one of a kind...but I'm sure that different people wold have similar cymbals made.

User Info Menu

Congratulations on the new acquisition Chazbo, and happy birthday! I agree with Frank that your choice of cymbal was done in a perfect manner. Making the final choice from out front of the kit was a perfect way to tell the difference! WTG!

BTW, that's a great looking ride!