Thread: Guitar Center & Musicians Friend Sales

User Info Menu

Default Guitar Center & Musicians Friend Sales

Guys, please don't use Drum Chat to advertise the Guitar Center and Musicians Friend sales. (For those of you that have been doing this.)

- Thx!

Gifts for Musicians

---------

User Info Menu

Default Re: Guitar Center & Musicians Friend Sales

You guys should know better not to do that...................drummer is gonna put this on your permanent records .

( )
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

drummer, you know i have the utmost respect for you. the post that for instance say, and drumchat is the reason i got my china. as long as we dont post links could it be okay? I like many fellow members have less and less money to spend on drums and cymbals.
    "it aint got no thing if it aint got that swing"

Yamaha Stage Custom Noveau
    10,12,14,20,14 (standard 2 up 1 down)
    Evans EC2 over Remo Ambassador Resos
    Evans Genera Dry over ambassador resos
    DW 5002 double bass pedal
    Sabian 14 inch AAX Xcelerator hats
    Sabian 14 inch HHX X-plosion crash
    Sabian 16 inch AAX studio crash
    Zildjian 17 inch Z custom crash
    Sabian 21 inch AA rock ride
    Zildjian 18 inch oriental china trash
    Agrazian 10 inch Splash

User Info Menu

We'd rather you not b/c it just opens it up for abuse. We've had problems with it in the past and still do from time to time. GC is huge and their reach is vast. It's not hard to know when they're having specials.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Guitar Center & Musicians Friend Sales

Trust me, once you show any kind of interest and get your name on their lists, BAM! You get something every time you turn around...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

its easy fellas..... like drummer and bongobro said, you can find out very easily whats going on with that place by being on their mailing list, they send me stuff daily. its really not too much to ask that we don't advertise that company through drumchat. this place isnt for advertizing anyways, its more about the questions and answers that everyone exchanges. this site is unique just because it doesnt have spammers and advertizing. thats why some call this site *the best drum forum on the net*.

*DBL D*

User Info Menu

Extremely well said DD!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Is it okay to mention where we bought something after the fact?
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

guilty as charged .. realized what I did about 30 minutes lator and went to go edit it but couldn't find the post .. drummer already had it gone .. I know better now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaosotis View Post
    Is it okay to mention where we bought something after the fact?
    KO, I think it would have to be treated much like mention of anything religious. Although the topic is officially off limits, there are times when someone needs to mention church because they are drumming there. No one is trying to be hard nosed about this, but the administration is working hard to keep spammers, who want to get in here just for there own gain, from getting a foothold and destroying the concept that Drum Chat was created to be - a place where mutual respect and exchange of knowledge could thrive. If it doesn't have to be mentioned, then don't, because promotion will alway attract the spammers. If there is no other way to tell the story, then just don't make it a promotion.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Guitar Center & Musicians Friend Sales

Agreed. I don't think I'd brag about a Chevrolet we bought at such-and-such a dealer, because someone would then brag about the deal he got at a Ford dealer and say "and everybody knows Chevies ...and your Chevy dealer is a "bomb:..."

And then you'd have the Mopar Mafia, as it were, the Mazda Mafia, the Pontiac Posse--you get the idea...

Same principle here...we can discuss the drums without turning it into free advertising for one store or another...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Advertise a place that sold me ONE thing of moongel for 25 dollars??? Are you kidding? Nevermind. I'm still a bit angry at them.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    You guys should know better not to do that...................drummer is gonna put this on your permanent records .

( )
    I didn't know he was a cop!!

wait... you'll never catch me alive, drummer.... wait no...
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC

User Info Menu

I know that i've posted a thread regarding Guitar Center's Insurance, i was by no means trying to advertise them but more or less sharing what could be a HUGE tip for someone who goes through cymbals like guitar strings (Especially myself) I think reviews are a big part of this site as well and alot of times these reviews are based on brand names etc. Is it mainly GC and MF and other equipment providers that we're looking out for? Or are brands (DW, Yamaha, Ludwig, etc.)

PS. Everyone should by a risen drums drum kit, contact them at www. ha ha! I KID I KID!
    www.fadesaway.com

Matt...
    Fades Away

Forever I am Forgiven, and Forever, I will Rejoice.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    KO, I think it would have to be treated much like mention of anything religious. Although the topic is officially off limits, there are times when someone needs to mention church because they are drumming there. No one is trying to be hard nosed about this, but the administration is working hard to keep spammers, who want to get in here just for there own gain, from getting a foothold and destroying the concept that Drum Chat was created to be - a place where mutual respect and exchange of knowledge could thrive. If it doesn't have to be mentioned, then don't, because promotion will alway attract the spammers. If there is no other way to tell the story, then just don't make it a promotion.
    Sounds good! Just checking.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Ssshhhhhaaaammmmeeee Oooonnnn Yyooouuuu

User Info Menu

I apalogize If I have crossed this line, I always abreviate is that a nono too?

User Info Menu

Last edited by DamageDrummer; 11-10-2011 at 09:20 AM.

User Info Menu

Double secret probation for the lot of you!!
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

I was noticing a few posts on the forums where the mods were using unneccesary advertising(guilty),LOL

User Info Menu

FT!! I didn't know you were such a felon!!! DRUMMER!!!!!! lol
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fades Away View Post
    PS. Everyone should by a risen drums drum kit, contact them at www. ha ha! I KID I KID!
    Hook me up with a deal like you got and I'm in !!!

-Les

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DamageDrummer View Post
    its easy fellas..... like drummer and bongobro said, you can find out very easily whats going on with that place by being on their mailing list, they send me stuff daily. its really not too much to ask that we don't advertise that company through drumchat. this place isnt for advertizing anyways, its more about the questions and answers that everyone exchanges. this site is unique just because it doesnt have spammers and advertizing. thats why some call this site *the best drum forum on the net*.

*DBL D*

Well said. I personally LOVE not being bashed in the face with ad's, banners, and constant corporate propaganda. Follow Z rulez
    Somebody open a window, cuz this boy is FUNKY
    Old School Mapex Funk 7 piece
    Iron Cobra, Sabian, Evans, Pro-Mark
    Currently laying down grooves for my power funk trio Off The Hook and The Sho Nuf Blues Kings.

User Info Menu

IMHO, the only company that deserves a nod around here is Drum Bum, because without their help Drum Chat would never have happened. We should also keep in mind too that bandwidth, and administration costs money, and Drum Bum helps with that too. All other companies that get mentioned here are simply getting advertising without contributing a thing. We owe Drum Bum, and no others, a debt of gratitude for helping to make Drum Chat the special place that it is.