Thread: PMs, 15 posts

User Info Menu

Default PMs, 15 posts

Hey guys, I was just wondering; why is there a need for 15 posts to send a private message? Somebody messaged me and I'm unable to reply back :(

User Info Menu

Default Re: PMs, 15 posts

you want the private message tattoo?? you gotta earn it

User Info Menu

I think its like that to prevent spammers creating accounts only for the purpose of sending spam pm's
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

That sucks because it may be important -_-

User Info Menu

gh0st3, just get involved with the discussions and you'll be there in no time. 15 posts is almost nothing around here. It is the arbitrary number set by the administration and everyone has abided by it. As noted, it keeps people from coming here and being able to spam the members before the administration even knows there is a spammer among us.

This is a site dedicated to the respectful exchange of drumming information - no flaming, no special members - just a community that enjoys helping each other, and welcomes new members who want to grow as drummers. We have our fun times stuff to, and we give each other an ocassional hard time, but it is all in fun, and if it gets out of hand, or misunderstood, the moderators help calm things down, and remind everyone of why we are here.

I see you are at 11 posts right now, so just post comments on any of the available threads, or begin another thread by asking a question or making a comment, and you'll have your PM priviledges.

Good to have you here gh0st3.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

good reply pb

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

To add to PB's post, spammers tend to send PMs only and not post, and they'll say things like "do you want to be friends" and other stuff like that. Mostly because they can't understand our language. We're just THAT good
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

LoL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by concrete Building View Post
    To add to PB's post, spammers tend to send PMs only and not post, and they'll say things like "do you want to be friends" and other stuff like that. Mostly because they can't understand our language. We're just THAT good
    CB, there are actually occasional posts made by spammers but they rarely get through. We've got a pretty thick wall that they have to get through first. Occasionally they do slip through though and you'll one day see like a big long list of stereos for sale or something. LOL

As a reminder to everyone; please report any suspicious activity, pms or spam posts to me or one of the other mods. Sometimes we'll overlook them. - Thanks!

User Info Menu

Well, the closest I've ever gotten is a "welcome to drumchat" PM from stickswizarddraggon, with some of his vids, but I don't really think that that's spamming. I think that's just being friendly.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

Anyone seen Sticks? It has been at least a month since I have heard from him.