Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupidest things ever.

User Info Menu

Default Stupidest things ever.

What were the stupidust things youve ever done while playing drums

about a year ago i hit myself in the eye with a stick. hurting nothing but my pride

and

once while bringing my foot down on the bass drum petal my toe somehow got caught in the pedal.

please be honest
    Band: System of a Down
    Song: Atwa

Current: four way independence

User Info Menu

yah while throwing one of my sticks up in the air neil peart twirling style (which btw is no problem) it landed on my snare and ricocheted right into my eye socket

couldnt see for about a half hour

pretty painful too
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

i forgot to put the wingnut thing on my crash and it fel off when i hit it really hard haha it went flying in the air... following that i tried to catch the cymbal... knocking my floor tom over.
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

lol

User Info Menu

one time while playing a solo I smacked myself in the head with a stick...kept playing though...but it seriously hurt...
    The egg approves!

User Info Menu

Hit myself countless times in the head.

Dropped lots of sticks doing stick twirls.

Embarrasing to say the least,
    HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

I tend to stay away from stick twirls for that reason.ouch.

User Info Menu

haha, okay, I got one, this was while we were practicing.....I was playing...and I dropped a stick...and it was really close...so I went for it....and I fell off of my throne....
    The egg approves!

User Info Menu

Talking

lmao

User Info Menu

Hmm, i was doing a concert for the school, and i had a little solo in the middle of another one bites the dust, dont ask my music teacher wanted me to do a solo instead of doing the beat, to "make it my own"

Anyway i roll down, and smack the floor tom, and it was a great swing, i thought my hand was gonna go right thru the tom

Well, i end up banging my knuckle on the side of the tom, huge gash, i break my rythmn stick, and knock the floor tom over

In which case i dropped my other stick, went to grab my secondary sticks

And i drop those, so i just did a bass rythmn the rest of the song, while bleeding all over my white shirt

It sucked

User Info Menu

ahh a gash

thats terrible, sounds very painful

that'll teach your music teacher, haha
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drum_Fiend
    please be honest
    Dang, I had this whole story worked up about having to fend off an army of angry geriatric patients with a broken drum key and a large eracer after I made fun of their blue hair while sitting in with Whitesnake. Nevermind, I'll save it for later.

User Info Menu

aww
    The egg approves!

User Info Menu

I play with my snare drum between my legs and one day I went to hit the snare with the stick and the other end of the stick hit me somewhere between my legs and made me say "Oh Gosh". I guess I looked pretty pail by the end of that song.
    Serve The Song, Not The Ego - NEP

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CyberComa
    I play with my snare drum between my legs and one day I went to hit the snare with the stick and the other end of the stick hit me somewhere between my legs and made me say "Oh Gosh". I guess I looked pretty pail by the end of that song.

Dude I played naked once and I did the exact same thing!!!!
    It was terrible!!
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

Lol, i have something else to add

I was multi-rolling down, (roll down, bring top, roll down, bring top) really fast and hard, and i hit the floor, and then i guess my right hand (Im right handed BTW) didnt make it over to the snare, so i go to NAIL the snare, and i hit my knee, ive still got the purple mark XD

User Info Menu

We played an outdoor party one night for a lot of people. For a special treat I strapped about ten or twelve roman candles to the back of my platform. I waited til it was really dark and I lit them after a really heavy song I'd played with glow in the dark sticks - everybody loved this special effect and whooped and hollered.

Don't ever do that by the way - it looked really cool but I had burn marks on my cymbals (to this day on some) and I had to replace my snare, tenor toms and floor tom heads as they had holes burned through them.

I guess it is possible to look cool while being an idiot at the same time I guess - it cost me a lot of money but man did I ever look cool.
    Serve The Song, Not The Ego - NEP

User Info Menu

I fell a sleep playing once. We were down in the basement and started playing around 7:00 PM. At around 3:00 am, I started to pass out while playing. Dude yelled at me to wake up, and through me another beer. I woke up just enough to drop my sticks, grab the beer and head off to bed.. Man I was beat......
    When we do right, no one remembers. When we do wrong, no one forgets.

User Info Menu

God save the beer...
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash

User Info Menu

One time while I was playing a speed metal song I got a souvenir.
    Okay there was like a solo thing in this song. don't remember the name. But while I was doing it i guess when i was rolling really fast on the db my left leg caught the snare stand and it fell down and slashed my left leg. This happened this year by the way. And also btw i happen to have a metal snare drum so yeah imagine the pain!
    I AM SABIAN MAN!

Next Drum Purchase: Piccolo Snare
    Next Cymbal purchase: Splash cymbal and splash claw.

User Info Menu

Once on local cable tv, just as the camera cut to the drums, I dropped a stick, which rolled across the snare , hopped, and rolled acrosss the floor tom to the floor. The stick hitting the floor noise got picked up by the PA and went out over the air also....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drum_Fiend
    What were the stupidust things youve ever done while playing drums

about a year ago i hit myself in the eye with a stick. hurting nothing but my pride

and

once while bringing my foot down on the bass drum petal my toe somehow got caught in the pedal.

please be honest
    lol, my 10 year old sister can relate, she was watchin me jam and i screwed up and threw it at her face lmao
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

You threw a stick at her face???!!!
    - Henry David Thoreau

User Info Menu

thats just cruel!
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

OH!!!!!!!!!
    you criminal of society!

you are now in jail for 12 years.
    I AM SABIAN MAN!

Next Drum Purchase: Piccolo Snare
    Next Cymbal purchase: Splash cymbal and splash claw.