Thread: Drum College?

User Info Menu

Question Drum College?

Hey. I'm looking to transfer to a college to study music. I know of Berklee and Musician's Institute...and well I'm wondering if anyone knows of any other schools I should look into. Also what are your opinions of these and other schools? -JessiG

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum College?

There is LAMA (Los Angeles Music Acedemy). Run by some of the former staff of MI. There is Atlanta Institute of Music. Jeff Berlin (famous bass player) teaches there but I don't know much else about it. There is Drummers Collective in New York. Very famous school known for turning out some real good players. A lot of famous drummers teach there too. Hope this helps.

User Info Menu

I'm a Berklee grad so I'ld have to say Berklee, but I have a cousin going to school in Texas ...I can't think of which 1 he's going to,but he's there on a music scholarship.

User Info Menu

My guess is North Texas, fairly famous for it;s music program.
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rmandelbaum View Post
    My guess is North Texas, fairly famous for it;s music program.
    I'm gonna have to give my mom a call and find out. It's been bugging me all day trying to think of the school.

User Info Menu

I went to Musicians Institute and it was awesome. You sill learn things a you won't get at a university.
    The experience was great. Whatever you decide, dive in head first and be totally submerged
    DW, Zildjian, Vic Firth, Remo
    http://www.reverbnation.com/jonpnorris

User Info Menu

Jazzkat, I was wondering how you did with your BA from there. I'm really thinking this is my best choice, but I'm getting some real mixed reviews. I really wanted a place that has diverse styles of music. Do you think the educational value was worth the money? Also how'd you pay for it? Student loans? Scholarship? Your help is very appreciated. -JessiG