Thread: New Song up on myspace!

User Info Menu

Default New Song up on myspace!

hey guys(and girls),
    my band has finally posted a new song from our soon to be released EP called The meadow at dusk. The new song is I am the Mountain. check it out on our myspace and let me know what you think.
    thanks
    andy

www.myspace.com/fairmont

User Info Menu

Default Re: New Song up on myspace!

Nice FD. Great sound, and the drumming is very tight! I like your female vocalist's voice.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

killer hooks

just need a engineer to fix a few phasing/mastering issues, it might just be the great compression myspace has

btw the name fairmont is the name of a ford series in Australia

groovy tunes bro

User Info Menu

Awesome!!

User Info Menu

very nice

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

It sounds GREAT!!!!! Good luck!!!!!

User Info Menu

Hi Andy

Greetings from England

That was awesome - loved your drumming and the track.
    The band is a new name to me so I played all the tracks and have to say I really really like your material!

Being And Nothingness blew me away, some really cool Jellyfish style sections in there.
    I hear The Killers in other tracks - all good.

Are these two tracks on a forthcoming release? (Edited as I see 'Being' is on 'Transcendence')

One problem though, it's REALLY hard to read the band's MySpace page due to the back drop, might
    be an idea to change that, I had to give up reading and I wanted to read it, so I went to the main band site instead.

I've sent a friend request and look forward to hearing more and I also have an old friend in Mount Laurel, so I'll
    tell him to check a show out.

Anyway, I wish you all the best with the band.

Cheers
    Graham
    Last edited by Cuban; 08-12-2009 at 05:10 AM.
    PROUD TO BE ENDORSED BY DUALLIST PEDALS
    Drums: Phil Collins Pearl DLX | Pink Floyd DW Exotic Bird's Eye | Natal Bubinga Custom Fusion | Cymbals: DIRIL & UFIPeDrums: 2Box DrumIt 5
    BACK BEATING DRUMMING BLOG ||| PINK FLOYD DW KIT ||| PHIL COLLINS PEARL KIT
    www.graham-collins.com/drummer ||| www.pinkfloyddrums.com ||| PHIL COLLINS PEARL KIT

User Info Menu

Hey everyone,
    thanks for the feedback and kind words, I was 3 weeks out of knee surgery(my bass drum knee) when we recorded this and my skills weren't completely up to my norm, but I think I pulled it off!

Cuban- I understand your problems reading the myspace, I'll bring it up with the band at practice tomorrow. We were actually supposed to play in England this fall but the guy we were gonna play withs band broke up, it was a total bummer, but we'll get over there someday. The new track "Mountain" is from a forthcoming EP, we are pressing 500 limited edition 12" copies with a download card and it will also be available via itunes. It should be available around September 10th or so. The other tracks are from our last two full lengths "Transcendence" and "Wait and Hope"

Itchie- Hopefully the problems you heard were the myspace compression. because on a good stereo I don't think you will hear the same problems, at least I hope not, its been mastered and is probably being pressed as I type this. And our engineer/producer spent around 2 months on it.

cheers, and happy drumming.

User Info Menu

I'm really grooving on the spacey guitars and wurlitzer on I'm The Mountain. Very nice drumming. I must say, I listened to At The End Of the Movie, and that opening verse scared the heck out of me.

I'm a fan.