Thread: drumline mottos

User Info Menu

Default drumline mottos

just wonderin if any drumlines out there have any good motto's

User Info Menu

well im not in a drumline but while ive been on this forum ive definately heard my fair share of hilarious drumline mottos just wait and ppl were start pouring them in..

there were some real hilarious ones
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

nice work RD

yours is still my fav tho

"you can beat our drums but noone can lick our chops"

absolutely classic
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

User Info Menu

I actually plagiarized that off a company here in the Bay Area. It was a meat company. Instead of drums it read "meat". Can you beleive that?

User Info Menu

omg

thats hilarious

in the town i live in called "Beeton"
    There is a butcher shop called "Beeton Meats" its been there for about 50 years

Once my friend and I made a t-shirt that on the front said:

"Beeton Meats; Since 1957"

no joke!! lol

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

User Info Menu

LOL!! Ok, we're getting very close to the edge of PG-13 now.

User Info Menu

i know my town is kind of pathetic

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

User Info Menu

I grew up in a town called Livermore. Locals are known as "Livermorons".

User Info Menu

we just say "if you aint first, youre last" because we watched talladega nights:the ballad of ricky bobby on the bus to indy for wgi recently

User Info Menu

Band Is Boring, Drumline Is Delicious!

User Info Menu

ok so, our band director's daughter, kelsey, she is like so sheltered and we always make fun of it, even tho she is center snare... anyways, most of our drumline is guys, and one day they were talking about something that wasnt related to band and it wasnt really appropriate either... but my friend Jensen looks at her and was like "37.... in a row???!!!" refering to guys.... she got so red and was so embarrassed... so one of the rehearsal blocks we had in our show was 37 so everytime her dad would want us to start there... which by the way it was a drum break... he would yell "37" and wed all yell "in a row??!!" but the funny thing was that he went along with it and laughed thinking it was funny when really he had no idea we were talking about his daughter with a bunch of other guys! it was great!... if you dont think its funny... its just one of those "had to be there" kinda things
    I've had it with your no talent, wannabe gangster ass! You wanna prove once and for all that I'm better than you? Strap up!--drumline

our drumline doesn't do skanks!!! so get out!! thanks... lol

you may try to look like me... but you ain't never gonna play like me-- drumline

User Info Menu

That is funny! Ah the memories of Drumline......can't wait 'til band season starts up again here in KY!
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

The tenor player and I (his name is Zane Cyphers), we always come up with funky sounding drumline beats just right off the top of our heads, and we always make dances for them (cuz everyone likes a cool funk beat and a swingin groove dance to go along with it).

One time we did it during practice, and our director yelled at us:
    "IF YOU TWO DON'T STOP YOU WILL RUN 100 LAPS AROUND THE FIELD!!!"

Needless to say we stopped....but when he turned his back we would do it again.

bow chika bow wow! bow babow bow chika bow wow!!
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash

User Info Menu

also... at every game we would do our own version of "down by the riverside" .... we have this guy... TJ, ofcourse hes really creative so our version was called "down by the welfare line..." and TJ would break off into rapping out all the stuff he was goin down to get at the welfare line: example: powdered milk, got my baby pampers, and some goat cheese.. etc.. it was so hilarious while we are in the background layin down beats... it was AMAZING!! i love our drumline
    I've had it with your no talent, wannabe gangster ass! You wanna prove once and for all that I'm better than you? Strap up!--drumline

our drumline doesn't do skanks!!! so get out!! thanks... lol

you may try to look like me... but you ain't never gonna play like me-- drumline

User Info Menu

the drumline motto at na ticoke high is ''screw up and your gonna get screwed got it''

User Info Menu

LOL our drumline is governed by me (a skinny kid) and a guy named Zane (a fat kid) so we always crack skinny people and fat people jokes.

So our motto is: "If you mess up Big Zane will eat you."
    They mostly stay out of the way, but one little freshman girl got eaten once.
    It was sad...and then I high-fived him
    - Henry David Thoreau

User Info Menu

Default Re: drumline mottos

ours is funny. We put it on the shirts and every thing.
    We do the best banging around

lol

Then me and austin (the 2 tenor players) can't play skanks clean together. We can play them seperate but not together. So whenever we play skanks together, someone always has to say.... Man those are some dirty skanks!!!!

One of the rehearsal sets in our show always gets the same reaction from the drumline........
    director: ok guys take it back to set 69
    drumline: we pick out a member of the band and when we walk past them, we say 69

User Info Menu

Lets say you have 32 people in drum line. Motto could be: 32 drummers combined as 1 instrument
    ---- If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum. - chinese proverb

User Info Menu

Cool Re: drumline mottos

Quote Originally Posted by midgard View Post
    Lets say you have 32 people in drum line. Motto could be: 32 drummers combined as 1 instrument
    Cool, midgard! And I like your sig, too!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Lol I'm likin' all these stories xD Wish I could do Marching band and football D=
    My Set:
    5 Piece PDP FS series
    Joey Jordison Signature Snare
    Sabian B8 14", 18" Thin Crashes
    Sabian B8 16" Thin Crash Dented Edition
    Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hi-Hats
    Sabian B8 20" Ride
    Paiste Innovative 20" Heavy Ride
    Jhmeg2 Über Ride 20" Special Edition